Neptune at Dubbo

Old February 2nd 07, 03:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Russell

Default Neptune at Dubbo

I wonder who bought her. The museum and its exibits went up for auction in
December last year.

Old February 2nd 07, 08:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn Alderton[_2_]

It is still for sale as far as i am aware.no one wanted it at the price that
ws offered.

u...

Old February 3rd 07, 04:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Thomas A. Hoffer

Default Neptune at Dubbo - 2 attachments

Actually, until 1970, all naval reserve Neptunes were stationed at the
former NAS Seattle (Sandpoint). VP-69 was established at Whidbey after the
closure of the airfield at Seattle.

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
"Wayne Paul" wrote in
:

"Boomerang" wrote in message
It sure had a radome when it was old LG-11 from VP-18.

True. All the operational P-2s stationed at Whidbey Island back in
the mid 1960s had radomes.

And they still had 'em in the mid '70s. ;^)

Bob ^,,^

Old February 3rd 07, 05:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

"Thomas A. Hoffer" wrote in message
Actually, until 1970, all naval reserve Neptunes were stationed at the
former NAS Seattle (Sandpoint). VP-69 was established at Whidbey after the
closure of the airfield at Seattle.

Thomas,

The VP P-2 squadrons I was refering to were not reserve squadrons. In the
'60s there was also a seaplane tender and a P-5M VP quadron stationed at
Whidbey.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

Old February 10th 07, 08:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Thomas A. Hoffer" wrote in
:

Actually, until 1970, all naval reserve Neptunes were stationed at the
former NAS Seattle (Sandpoint). VP-69 was established at Whidbey after
the closure of the airfield at Seattle.

(Delayed response - me 'n' the cat have had a ~really~ bad week, but think
survival is in the offing)

I've only lived in Seattle since 1963, so I was naturally unaware of this
fact...

It does, however, explain an experience I had one winter evening in 1968
or '69 as a kid of 13 out on my paper route in the area along Lake
Washington a couple miles north of NAS Sand Point. Typical northwest low
clouds lit by city lights when a loud rumble was heard overhead. I looked
up to see the unmistakeable silhouette of a Neptune, complete with blue
flames visible from the engine exhasusts, at an altitude that couldn't
have been much more than a thousand feet or so, heading south. Makes
sense to me now that he was on approach to Sand Point, as the next closest
airport of consequence was Boeing Field - way too much farther away and in
somewhat the wrong direction.

And to think they laughed at me when I had that Brain Clapper® with a
built-in 38 year time delay installed...

Bob ^,,^

Old February 10th 07, 09:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Bob Harrington wrote:

(Delayed response - me 'n' the cat have had a ~really~ bad week, but
think survival is in the offing)

Bob ^,,^

Good to see you back on deck - and that your cat's OK.

We all know that good cat is hard to find ....... or words to that effect.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton