Friday 072707 in Oshkosh Pt 1 - the Raptor [01/30] - "F22 lifting off 18 after very short takeoff roll.jpg" yEnc (0/1)

Old August 8th 07, 10:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 21:03:21 GMT, shiver
wrote:

Just Plane Noise wrote:

Please decribe this system that is allegedly so old that it can't
decode yEnc even thought it can decode UU. The hardware requirements
are no different, so I suspect your shouted claim hasd no merit.

Alright.... I'll give you a serious reply.

I'm on a Macintosh....... that's a Macintosh AND NOT A PC.

All of the software you talk about does not work on a Macintosh.

It took me all of one second to find yEnc TZ, a free utility that even
has a version for OS 7 as well as all later versions.
http://www.turbozen.com/mac/yenc/

At the main site (http://www.turbozen.com/) you'll see that David
Phillip Oster develeops all kinds of free things, mostly for Macs.

So your argument does not hold--there's nothing to stop you from
getting the utility and using it.

I've been told that MT Newswatcher will decode Yenc. But it is not
available in a version that will work with my OS.

That's why Oster developed his utility.

I've been told there are helper applications out there and none of them
work with my system.

I've got to assume that Oster knows what he is doing, but perhaps Mac
users here can comment.

I have no intentions of going out and not just spending money on a new
OS but also having to update many dozens of pieces of software at god
knows what financial cost just so that I can actually look at just one
of your pictures.

Then don't! Nobody is forcing you! I certainly wouldn't want anybody
to go through all that trouble and cost and maybe risk just to view
my pictures--I'm not so full of myself that I assume they're worth any
particular level of effort. There's no way I can tell you in advance
whether my pictures are worth it FOR YOU. Only you can make that
judgement.

Now if your so smart that you think that you can solve my problem then
have at it McDuff.

I would be very grateful if that problem could be solved.

This is a problem for a Mac person, preferably one experienced with
the kind of free decoder I found. I'm a PC person, always have
been, every organization I've worked in has been a PC place, and I
even converted my wife from Mac to PC because I just couldn't help her
with Mac problems even though I rarely need tech support for PC
problems. Macs are a mystery to me, although I've been told the
reason they have the kind of problem you may be describing is
precisely because they are intended to require very little user
intervention or modification, and consequently they tolerate less
intervention or modification. (As an old under-the-hood hotrodder,
the Mac just ain't my kind of machine!). I'm sorry I can't help.
Old August 8th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Just Plane Noise wrote:

It took me all of one second to find yEnc TZ, a free utility that even
has a version for OS 7 as well as all later versions.
http://www.turbozen.com/mac/yenc/

Yes and over the past few years three other people before you came up
with the very same utility in the very same amount of time.

IT DOES NOT WORK WITH MY MACINTOSH.

First in order to decode a Yenc file you have to be able to download
a Yenc file.

There is no program that I have been able to find that will work with
my OS and download a Yenc file.... PERIOD.

I'm surprised you didn't come across MT Newswatcher.

Oh..... You did.

It's a cousin of YA Newswatcher and YES the latest versions of MT
Newswatcher will download and decode Yenc. But NO there is not a
version of that program that will work with my older OS.

Back to square one.

So your argument does not hold--there's nothing to stop you from
getting the utility and using it.

As I've just explained that the arguement still holds water.

This is a problem for a Mac person,

And I have yet to find one with a solution.

Plenty of advice YES.... a solution... NO.

I'm sorry I can't help.

Well I'm sorry too. There's no doubt that my life would be a lot
easier if I could decode these images like the majority.
Old August 9th 07, 12:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bert-Jan[_5_]

shiver wrote in news:080820071513117518%
:

Bert-Jan wrote:

http://www.download.com/3000-2164-10144167.html

With all due respect Bert-Jan if you had just half a brain
you would be a half wit.

It you can't check the header info on my postings and realize that I

am
on a Macintosh and NOT A PC then sir I cannot help you with your
inabilities on your own computer any more than you can help me
solve my problem on mine.

FROM DOWNLOAD.COM

Regading X-NEWS..... Requires Windows 95/98/Me/Nt/2000/XP

Now just what were you promising again Sir....

Well mister Shiver, from what I am seeing from ALL of your post that I
have read is that there is nothing to see that you are using a mac. This
is the first time I found out. And that is because you told me.

But as I was just trying to help and this help obviously was not for
you, maybe you could just tell me so, and not start calling me a half
wit.

Being a civil and mechanical engineer I think I am not qualified for
being any kind of wit.
On top of that I am Dutch so if my language skills are beneath the level
of proper understanding for you, perhaps that is the reason.

Having said that I can not resist. And this is not to you, shiver,
because you obviously can't (technically) read yEnc.
Talking about the use of yEnc. If I would like to communicate here, I
communicate in English, because I bet only few of you out there can
communicate with me in Dutch. So I ADAPT to what is offered to me
because I want to know what is offered to me. When I first met the first
yEnced posts I wondered what they were, found out and found out ho to
read them.
You don't hear me crying about a repost in Dutch please.

Kind regards to all,

--
Cheers,

Bert-Jan
Old August 9th 07, 02:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 22:26:59 GMT, shiver
wrote:

Well I'm sorry too. There's no doubt that my life would be a lot
easier if I could decode these images like the majority.

Well, ya can always bitch and moan. That seems to be your MI.

hth

Dave

Old August 9th 07, 02:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave LaCourse

On 08 Aug 2007 23:47:32 GMT, "Bert-Jan" wrote:

Having said that I can not resist. And this is not to you, shiver,
because you obviously can't (technically) read yEnc.
Talking about the use of yEnc. If I would like to communicate here, I
communicate in English, because I bet only few of you out there can
communicate with me in Dutch. So I ADAPT to what is offered to me
because I want to know what is offered to me. When I first met the first
yEnced posts I wondered what they were, found out and found out ho to
read them.
You don't hear me crying about a repost in Dutc

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

How do say "wonderful" in Dutch?

Old August 9th 07, 02:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Bert-Jan wrote:

Being a civil and mechanical engineer

Say what you want and get as mad as you want but as a civil and
mechanical engineer one would think that you would do some homework
before offering anybody advice.

Since your using a newsreader type program I will assume that even PC
newsreaders have the ability to show the generally hidden header
information that all newsgroup postings contain.

For example here is part of yours.

The user agent line tells me the name of the program your using which
even I realize is a PC program

Now here is some of my header information.

It well show to a well informed person that since YA Newswatcher is a
Macintosh program then I am logically using a Mac.

And if you were not familiar or sure of what is was then I remind you
that GOOGLE is your friend.

And since it would only take me a few moments to do a google search on
your programs name to discover it was a PC program then common sense
also tells me that it would only take you a few moments with google to
discover that YA Newswatcher is a program for the Macintosh.

Checking headers is pretty common amongst those who post to newsgroups.

This is not rocket science.

I appreciate your effort and my reponse may have been boorish by this
groups general standards but with the agitation caused by a few
newcomers who are taking delight in destroying the harmony of this
group
I get a little upset when someone tries to be helpful when it is
obvious they havn't a clue as to the basics of the problem.

As I have stated earlier in this thread I am looking for solutions not
advice.

I have had many dozens of people in good faith giving advice over the
years but I have yet to hear from even one person that actually has a
solution to the problem.
Old August 9th 07, 04:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

BULL****. So we should all stay in the stone age so as not to
inconvience your sorry ass. There are plenty of newsreaders
(inculding web based readers) that support binary groups and yenc that
I'm sure will run on your system. Your just to stuborn or stupid to
spend a little time researching them.

Why don't you post your systems specs and OS version that you are
running and I'm sure some one will do find one for you.

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:26:38 GMT, shiver
wrote:

Dave LaCourse wrote:

Just *how* are we leaving *anyone* behind?

Listen asswipe as I have explained in this very group before......

I CANNOT GET SOFTWARE THAT WILL DECODE YENC ON MY COMPUTER.

It is an older system with no way to upgrade to the point where I can
decode these mythical Yenc files.

Oh boo hoo hoo..... Yah I know poor boy, go out and buy a new computer,
yada yada yada.

No I am not going to buy a new computer just so I can see your pictures.

It was decide long ago that this group would be NON YENC.

Your the one causing the trouble in this group.

If you and your fellow asshole just plain noise as such fans of
aviation that you two misfits decided to join this group and start
posting pictures then why oh why will you not act as responsible adults
with some consideration to the rest of the group and turn YENC off when
posting to this group.

How many times do I have to tell you not everyone is in a position to
decode Yenc.

Old August 9th 07, 04:28 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

wrote:

BULL****.

You really should get a better handle on the threads your replying too
before you open your mouth and put your foot in.

Why don't you post your systems specs and OS version that you are
running and I'm sure some one will do find one for you.

I've already done that dip****.

I'll leave it up to you to find it for yourself.
Old August 9th 07, 02:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bert-Jan[_5_]

shiver wrote in news:080820071911547255%
:

Bert-Jan wrote:

Being a civil and mechanical engineer

Say what you want and get as mad as you want but as a civil and
mechanical engineer one would think that you would do some homework
before offering anybody advice.

I am not mad, I am jsut stating that I possibly do not qualify as a half
wit, and that my education (and diploma's) does proof that I can use my
brain.

Since your using a newsreader type program I will assume that even PC
newsreaders have the ability to show the generally hidden header
information that all newsgroup postings contain.

For example here is part of yours.

The user agent line tells me the name of the program your using which
even I realize is a PC program

Now here is some of my header information.

It well show to a well informed person that since YA Newswatcher is a
Macintosh program then I am logically using a Mac.

And if you were not familiar or sure of what is was then I remind you
that GOOGLE is your friend.

And since it would only take me a few moments to do a google search on
your programs name to discover it was a PC program then common sense
also tells me that it would only take you a few moments with google to
discover that YA Newswatcher is a program for the Macintosh.

Yes, you are right, I have disabled this feature, because to me it is
mere gibberish and causes me to scroll further down in a post I like to
read. Mea culpa.

For what it's worth, simply seeing "YA-News-reader" mentioned, does not
ring any bells for me to automatically assume you are a Mac user.
If I had seen it, I indeed could/should have looked it up, but this idea
would not have come up in me, I can tell you. Because I automatically
assume you all use PC's instead of Macs. On top of that I have never
known that Mac users have problems with yEncs. Mea culpa, Mea maxima
culpa.

Checking headers is pretty common amongst those who post to

newsgroups.

I frown on that but you couldbe right.

This is not rocket science.

I appreciate your effort and my reponse may have been boorish by this
groups general standards but with the agitation caused by a few
newcomers who are taking delight in destroying the harmony of this
group
I get a little upset when someone tries to be helpful when it is
obvious they havn't a clue as to the basics of the problem.

I can understand, and I appreciate your appreciation. and in this light
your response might even be explainable.

As I have stated earlier in this thread I am looking for solutions not
advice.

I have had many dozens of people in good faith giving advice over the
years but I have yet to hear from even one person that actually has a
solution to the problem.

In this I can unfortunately not help you. And all that rests me is to
wish you good luck in your quest.

--
Cheers,

Bert-Jan
Old August 9th 07, 03:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bert-Jan[_5_]

Dave LaCourse wrote in
:

On 08 Aug 2007 23:47:32 GMT, "Bert-Jan" wrote:

Having said that I can not resist. And this is not to you, shiver,
because you obviously can't (technically) read yEnc.
Talking about the use of yEnc. If I would like to communicate here, I
communicate in English, because I bet only few of you out there can
communicate with me in Dutch. So I ADAPT to what is offered to me
because I want to know what is offered to me. When I first met the first
yEnced posts I wondered what they were, found out and found out ho to
read them.
You don't hear me crying about a repost in Dutc

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

How do say "wonderful" in Dutch?

That depends a bit on the context.
you could say things are wonderfully beautiful or good, then you say
"prachtig" pronounced: [prAhg-tig]. "A" like in calm and "i" like in pig
and the g's should sound a bit like you're clearing your throat.
"schitterend" could be a good second.
Pronounced "[sgIt-uh-ruhnd]" again "g" and "i" as above and the u's as in
"duh".

To give this post some aviation topic here are some planes in dutch.

Jet fighter= straaljager [straal-yaager] aa as in "aaaaahrgh"

Plane = vliegtuig [vleeg-tu.eeg] u as in "duh", immediately followed with
an "ee" sound as in bee. Like "oi" but then more "uh.i"

Glider = Zweefvliegtuig. [swayve- rest as above] rather hard "w"

Bomber = Bommenwerper [bOhm-uhn-wer-puhr]

Landing Gear = Landingsgestel [lAhn-dings-guh-stEll]

Passanger plane = Passagiervliegtuig [pAh-sah-sheer- same again]

Want some more, just holler.

Good Luck!
--
Cheers,