A little positive GA news coverage

Old January 3rd 08, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default A little positive GA news coverage

leaves the question if you can use this with google-groups. but there
have been pointed out many alternatives 2 U. there are many/some free
usenet-servers out there for you to use (or for a small fee if you also
want binaries), or you VPN back to your office while on the road or at
home or you use a mix of both or/and go with your usenet-client on a
usb-stick (U3-features).

The only reason I switched to Google Groups was because I access these
groups from many different computers. After you've used GG for a
while, it's actually a very nice interface, with lots of nice search
features.

I used Outlook Express for years, and its newsreader worked just fine
-- killfiles and all. I had hoped to never need that feature...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old January 3rd 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

2. Most people put Bertie in a killfile long ago, so they don't even
see his tripe.

All I 'see' is first the total amount of posts to the group and after
clicking into the group the actual amount of posts left over after the
filter did his work.

Well, whaddya know -- here's a surprise. "Windows Mail" -- Outlook Express'
decendent -- comes bundled with Vista, and it's quite a nifty piece of kit
indeed. It comes with a slick little built-in newreader that -- in just a
few moment's time -- has completely eliminated the Bunyip from every
newsgroup on Usenet.

Aaaaaahhhhh....it's like a cool dip in the pool on a hot summer's day...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 3rd 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

Rich Ahrens wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:
Not really - there is no way to ignore the sound of a crying baby. I
sure
wish all I would have to do is hit a delete key when our neighbor's
dog is
barking in the middle of the night, or a kid is kicking the back of
my seat
on the airplane, or a child is crying in the middle of the restaurant.

Perhaps a better analogy is a toddler running up and down between the
restaurant tables. Can you ignore it? Sure -- but it definitely
detracts from the experience.

Rather like your endless self-promotion and off-topic posting.

And yours...
Old January 4th 08, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote

Well, whaddya know -- here's a surprise. "Windows Mail" -- Outlook
Express' decendent -- comes bundled with Vista, and it's quite a nifty
piece of kit indeed. It comes with a slick little built-in newreader
that -- in just a few moment's time -- has completely eliminated the
Bunyip from every newsgroup on Usenet.

Aaaaaahhhhh....it's like a cool dip in the pool on a hot summer's day...

Yep.

People constantly bash MS, OE, but it does quite a bit, very well.

Yes, there are weak points, but so does everything else.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 4th 08, 06:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
piynuB eht eitreB

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

2. Most people put Bertie in a killfile long ago, so they don't even
see his tripe.

All I 'see' is first the total amount of posts to the group and after
clicking into the group the actual amount of posts left over after
the filter did his work.

Well, whaddya know -- here's a surprise. "Windows Mail" -- Outlook
Express' decendent -- comes bundled with Vista, and it's quite a nifty
piece of kit indeed. It comes with a slick little built-in newreader
that -- in just a few moment's time -- has completely eliminated the
Bunyip from every newsgroup on Usenet.

Aaaaaahhhhh....it's like a cool dip in the pool on a hot summer's
day...

;-)

Well done fjukktard!

Bertie
Old January 4th 08, 08:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Jay Honeck schrieb:

Well, whaddya know -- here's a surprise. "Windows Mail" -- Outlook Express'
decendent -- comes bundled with Vista, and it's quite a nifty piece of kit

it also works with XP. Just download the windows-live "tool" (?), it
gives you the choices of downloading the latest messenger, mail, etc.

indeed. It comes with a slick little built-in newreader that -- in just a
few moment's time -- has completely eliminated the Bunyip from every
newsgroup on Usenet.

this still leaves you with the problem of using your usenet client on
different locations and on different computers. So the best way *might*
be to put your client on a usb-stick (maybe along with your other
important files).

#m
--
I am not a terrorist http://www.casualdisobedience.com/
Old January 4th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Matt Whiting wrote:
Rich Ahrens wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote:
Not really - there is no way to ignore the sound of a crying baby.
I sure
wish all I would have to do is hit a delete key when our neighbor's
dog is
barking in the middle of the night, or a kid is kicking the back of
my seat
on the airplane, or a child is crying in the middle of the restaurant.

Perhaps a better analogy is a toddler running up and down between the
restaurant tables. Can you ignore it? Sure -- but it definitely
detracts from the experience.

Rather like your endless self-promotion and off-topic posting.

And yours...

Off-topic, sure. But none of the self-promotion that Jay is so notorious
for. And I only point out off-topic posting when it is done by
hypocrites who bitch about other people doing it.