In Memoriam: Charlie "Lite" Minner

Old May 13th 11, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
susanmcallister[_2_]

Default In Memoriam: Charlie "Lite" Minner

I am so sorry to have to report the following from Micki Minner:
Charlie "Lite" Minner passed away on Thursday, May 12 in Tucson, AZ
after a very brief illness. He was devoted to and passionate about the
sport of soaring. Details about funeral arrangements will be posted on
the SSA website as soon as they are available. A Facebook tribute page
has been posted - here's the link. Our sympathies to Micki and
Charlie's whole family.

Old May 13th 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
susanmcallister[_2_]

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rememb...463592?sk=wall
Old May 13th 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On May 13, 1:31*pm, susanmcallister wrote:
On May 13, 1:29*pm, susanmcallister wrote:

I am so sorry to have to report the following from Micki Minner:
Charlie "Lite" Minner passed away on Thursday, May 12 in Tucson, AZ
after a very brief illness. He was devoted to and passionate about the
sport of soaring. Details about funeral arrangements will be posted on
the SSA website as soon as they are available. A Facebook tribute page
has been posted - here's the link. Our sympathies to Micki and
Charlie's whole family.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rememb...Minner/1095688...

oh my gosh, awful news. all the best thoughts for Micki
Old May 13th 11, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Charlie gave much more than he got out of supporting soaring in such a
great volunteer effort . All who knew him and his wonderful wife
Micki will greatly miss the "Minner Team" . My sincere condolences to
Micki. Again a huge thankyou to Charlie for his role in gliding for so
many years .

Ron (ZA)
Old May 13th 11, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

I am so sad to hear about the loss of Charlie. He was a nice man and he did
so much for our sport.

I had the pleasure of rooming with Charlie at a soaring contest in Albert
Lea a few years ago. That was a great chance to get to know him better - I
enjoyed that. He talked a lot about how lucky he was to be married to
Micki. He did a great job as CD of the contest.

God bless all those that mourn his loss.

Paul Remde

Old May 13th 11, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Cordell

"Good Finish Charlie Lite!"

You'll be missed. It was an Honor and Privilege to have spent time
with you.

Paul Cordell
Old May 13th 11, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Charlie and Micki were both very welcoming and accepting of a newbie
like me to the soaring & contest scene, when I first met them at the
ABQ Convention. And I may not have seen eye-to-eye with Charlie on a
couple of contest decisions, but overall he and Micki ran a great
contest in Logan last year and I sincerely appreciate their dedication
to the sport!

Many thanks to you both, and I hope Micki feels the support of her
soaring brethren through these difficult days.

--Noel
Old May 14th 11, 05:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

I first met Charlie "Lite" when I was CD as the 1997 Region 9 no
contest at Owl Canyon. The contest manager presented me with this
'character' to run the gate. Over the course of four straight rain
days, I got to know Charlie pretty well. Lots of story telling, some
beer, and those days, he still played the guitar and sang. Like Paul
Remde, over the years I shared hotel rooms with Charlie, talked on the
phone periodically, and visited when possible. You just couldn't help
but admire the tenacity of the man. He gave so much to soaring. I
miss him already. That's one thing I like about the SSA. You get to
know such fine people. My sympathies to Micki and family.

Frank Whiteley
Old May 14th 11, 07:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
LOV2AV8

I am dumbfounded. I thought Charlie was on the mend and was looking
forward to flying with him this year. He was and is a class act. He
will be sorely missed. Big hugs to Micki and family.

Randy "AV8"
Old May 15th 11, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nyal Williams[_2_]

Default In Memoriam: Charlie

May the two Charlies meet!

At 06:28 14 May 2011, LOV2AV8 wrote:
I am dumbfounded. I thought Charlie was on the mend and was looking
forward to flying with him this year. He was and is a class act. He
will be sorely missed. Big hugs to Micki and family.

Randy "AV8"

Charlie Spratt's "Celebration of Life" at Cordelle [email protected] Soaring 0 May 11th 09 05:19 PM
CHIP LITE Stuart & Kathryn Fields Rotorcraft 3 March 28th 08 12:30 AM
Charlie Minner Curt Cole Soaring 0 February 7th 04 05:25 AM
Charlie Minner Karl Striedieck Soaring 5 February 5th 04 02:41 PM