Google Groups Beta

Old May 4th 05, 11:55 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Google Groups Beta

I went to Google Canada some months ago when that godawful Beta version of
Google Groups was introduced in the US. Today it found it's way to the
Canadian site as well. Anybody know of a clean site left?

Old May 5th 05, 12:32 AM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 04 May 2005 22:55:28 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
. net::

I went to Google Canada some months ago when that godawful Beta version of
Google Groups was introduced in the US. Today it found it's way to the
Canadian site as well. Anybody know of a clean site left?

Try these:

http://groups.google.co.in/advanced_group_search?hl=en
http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_group_search?hl=en
Old May 5th 05, 12:34 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
news

Try these:

http://groups.google.co.in/advanced_group_search?hl=en
http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_group_search?hl=en

Beta at both.

Old May 5th 05, 12:41 AM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 04 May 2005 23:34:49 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote in
. net::

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
news

Try these:

http://groups.google.co.in/advanced_group_search?hl=en
http://www.google.co.uk/advanced_group_search?hl=en

Beta at both.

Goggle must have just switched to Beta worldwide. Oh well....
Old May 5th 05, 05:39 AM
Jay Honeck

I went to Google Canada some months ago when that godawful Beta version of
Google Groups was introduced in the US. Today it found it's way to the
Canadian site as well. Anybody know of a clean site left?

I'm stuck using Google to access the groups when I'm at work. I've found
their version of the groups to be not without merit. It's not as good as
using Outlook Express (or Outlook) -- but it's better than some newsreaders
I've found.

What do you find so wrong with it?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 5th 05, 05:50 AM

Jay Honeck wrote:.

What do you find so wrong with it?
--

One of the groups that I follow, Beta just abitrarily dropped about
13,000 posts and decided that there were only 2 posts in 10+ years of

Craig C.

Old May 5th 05, 07:20 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I'm stuck using Google to access the groups when I'm at work. [...]

Tell your boss to get a clue. As long as you're reading the newsgroups on
your own time, there's no reason you shouldn't have NNTP access on your work
network.

Old May 5th 05, 11:40 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

I'm stuck using Google to access the groups when I'm at work. I've found
their version of the groups to be not without merit. It's not as good as
using Outlook Express (or Outlook) -- but it's better than some
newsreaders I've found.

What do you find so wrong with it?

I find it more difficult to track message threads compared to the previous
format. I think it's a step backward.

Old May 5th 05, 12:49 PM
Martin Hotze

On Thu, 05 May 2005 04:39:05 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

I went to Google Canada some months ago when that godawful Beta version of
Google Groups was introduced in the US. Today it found it's way to the
Canadian site as well. Anybody know of a clean site left?

I'm stuck using Google to access the groups when I'm at work.

why? does your ISP at work does not offer usenet news?

I've found
their version of the groups to be not without merit. It's not as good as
using Outlook Express (or Outlook) -- but it's better than some newsreaders
I've found.

try forte. it is free. - www.forteinc.com

What do you find so wrong with it?

it is a web frontend.

#m
(still searching more newsfeeds for our newsserver (we have now 20+ feeds
up and running) - see http://service.hotze.com/usenet/peering.htm for more
info; I might also add alt.binaries.pictures.aviation some day, depending
on traffic. and there might be a chance for access to the server for r.a.*
folks)
--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg