Zyglo T62 compressor and turbine wheels

Old November 15th 09, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stu Fields

Default Zyglo T62 compressor and turbine wheels

Just completed checking the wheels of 84 Surplus Solar T-62 turbine engine
sets of wheels for cracks. Only found two turbine wheels with small cracks.
No cracks found in the compressor wheels. These engines seem to be quite
sturdy. We started several and looked at vibration levels with a vibration
analyzer and checked the balance of a couple of sets of compressor/turbine
wheels on a two plane balancer. I also was able to run my engine on Eagle
R&D's Dyno and found it to run good, take a load and run with a low
acceptable vibration level. The engines do suck fuel tho...

Old November 24th 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
JohnO

On Nov 16, 9:26*am, "Stu Fields" wrote:
Just completed checking the wheels of 84 Surplus Solar T-62 turbine engine
sets of wheels for cracks. *Only found two turbine wheels with small cracks.
No cracks found in the compressor wheels. *These engines seem to be quite
sturdy. *We started several and looked at vibration levels with a vibration
analyzer and checked the balance of a couple of sets of compressor/turbine
wheels on a two plane balancer. *I also was able to run my engine on Eagle
R&D's Dyno and found it to run good, take a load and run with a low
acceptable vibration level. *The engines do suck fuel tho...

84!

Nice to know there's still a good supply of these great little
turbines about.