G'day from Australia

Old December 17th 08, 01:00 AM
Nostalgair Nostalgair is offline
Junior Member

Location: Australia
Default G'day from Australia

Hi All,

I've just discovered your forum and joined in recent days and thought I'd say g'day.

I'm from 'down under' in Australia and interested in all aspects of aviation.

I fly for a living and write for different aviation journals as well. I've also written one book, 'Down to Earth' which outlines the life of a WWII fighter pilot.

I look forward to seeing you all around the forum.

Cheers

Owen
Old December 23rd 08, 07:24 PM
wannabee wannabee is offline
Junior Member

Hi Owen,
Welcome. I too have just joined the group.

I would like to learn how to fly. I've done some research and learning to fly cessna is within my immediate reach.

What I'd like to know is what is the difference between a cessna and an aerobatics plane? Could a cessna do a barrel roll?

tim
Old December 25th 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Brian Whatcott

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:24:09 +0000, wannabee
wrote:

Hi Owen,
Welcome. I too have just joined the group.

I would like to learn how to fly. I've done some research and learning
to fly cessna is within my immediate reach.

What I'd like to know is what is the difference between a cessna and an
aerobatics plane? Could a cessna do a barrel roll?

tim

Planes intended for aerobatics usually have stronger airframes to take
the g's involved in flick movements, and sometimes have engines
capable of a little (or long) inverted flight.
Some cessna 150s were beefed up as "Aerobat 150s".
It is true that a smooth barrel roll can keep even a 'utility' rated
airframe inside its safety envelope.

Brian W

BD-5 crash in Australia wright1902glider Home Built 4 May 24th 07 03:27 PM
Anyone from Sydney Australia here? John Doe Piloting 1 March 14th 06 01:52 AM
Anyone from Sydney Australia here? John Doe Owning 1 March 14th 06 01:52 AM
Australia Badwater Bill Home Built 18 January 3rd 05 04:57 AM
Flight from USA to Australia SteveK Piloting 9 November 25th 03 04:55 AM