The "newest" Col. Potter. LOL

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 6th 07, 04:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation,alt.binaries.pictures.military
Savageduck

Default The "newest" Col. Potter. LOL

Bob wrote:
On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 23:55:35 -0400, "Chaplain \(COL\) Lonnie J. Potter"
wrote:

Wow! I didn't realize my post would create such discussion.

I think I am beginning to understand now....

Agreed Bob. All is revealed. This is exploitive SPAM!

I think the "Colonel" is in the business of exploiting those who may be
sincere in their beliefs, but are locked into the philosophy of the
Christian right.

Today and in the recent past military organizations in the US and other
countries have provided for those in need of support of their faith with
the military Chaplain.
Chaplains I have known were good men bringing comfort to anguished men
(and now many women). They have risked themselves under fire. Most had a
broad understanding of many Christian denominations and religions and
did not evangelize. They did not bicker over who was Catholic, who was
Baptist, Jew, Muslim or atheist. They brought aid to all without self
aggrandizement or attempting to "save" those comfortable with themselves
not seeking to be "saved."
Chaplains of all faiths have been on the front lines of conflicts when
they can. They have fallen in battle and have been wounded and damaged
by their experiences. They are trained and know how to deal with the
psychological and spiritual trauma troops in the field suffer.

The "Colonel" needs to let the Chaplains do their job. His exploitive
presence can only interfere with that.

Savageduck