Apache gun camera video

Old January 15th 04, 11:39 PM
John Mullen

Jarg wrote:

"Jeff Crowell" wrote in message

Clark wrote:

It downloaded fine for me

The avi didn't work for me--Apple said it needed things
to decode it that it didn't have.

Is it just me, or did two of those guys wave something
(cloth, white?) before getting bopped? Check the one
by the tractor.

Jeff

It's you. The video I saw is not color so it's impossible to tell what
color objects are. Or do you have a different version?

Er... even on a monochrome video, things can look dark or white!

I realise it was IR footage from the Apache's FLIR though.

John

Old January 15th 04, 11:47 PM
Jarg

Clark wrote:

It downloaded fine for me

The avi didn't work for me--Apple said it needed things
to decode it that it didn't have.

Is it just me, or did two of those guys wave something
(cloth, white?) before getting bopped? Check the one
by the tractor.

Jeff

It's you. The video I saw is not color so it's impossible to tell what
color objects are. Or do you have a different version?

Er... even on a monochrome video, things can look dark or white!

I realise it was IR footage from the Apache's FLIR though.

John

Then perhaps light, as in dark or light, would have been more accurate a
description. It is impossible to say from that footage what color the rag
was.

Jarg

Old January 16th 04, 02:23 AM
Bogospace

"Andrew" wrote in message
http://w3.kill-9.com/apache_kills.mpeg

Andrew

I finally got round to watching this gun camera footage, and I've got to
say, for those who are still reluctant to view it for taste reasons, it's
worth watching if you've been disconcerted by the hype around it. I
expected to see a couple or three Iraqis shooting the breeze around a
tractor, talking about the coming harvest before being massacred by the evil
Americans. What I saw was three guys obviously up to no good who knew they
had been observed and were trying to ditch the evidence (I call it as an
SA-7 or one of later Soviet MANPADS, it's too long to be an RPG launcher
without the warhead and too thin to be an AK in a case as some have said).
I infer from their behaviour that they expected a ground patrol to come
along and question them. Unfortunately for them, no.

All the best,
Andy

Old January 17th 04, 02:48 PM
Alan Minyard

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 13:14:51 -0500, "Tony Volk" wrote:

Every one dies, life is a terminal disease. Death is really
not that big of a deal, get over it.
Al Minyard

Wow. Deep, deep, statement. So if everyone you cared about died, it
would be no big deal, right? Heck, if someone went to kill you, that'd just
be advancing the course of your terminal disease. You're right, there's
nothing special about life, and the violent end of another human's life is
really no big deal. You should teach ethics! Sarcasm off.

Tony

So you think that you are going to live forever?? Good Luck!!!!!!
Everyone I care about *will* die. I cannot prevent that from
happening. If they happen to die before I do, then I will honor their
life, but I realize that, sooner or later, they are going to die.

Al Minyard

B-17s Debut, RAF Wellingtons Bomb & Fighters Sweep at Zeno's Video Drive-In zeno Instrument Flight Rules 0 October 30th 04 06:20 PM
B-17s Debut, RAF Wellingtons Bomb & Fighters Sweep at Zeno's Video Drive-In zeno Home Built 0 October 30th 04 06:19 PM
turbo video Peter Holm Aerobatics 13 September 29th 04 11:31 PM
Aviation Video: Another F-16 bites the dust Iwan Bogels Instrument Flight Rules 0 September 21st 04 07:02 AM
In-Flight Video Ron Wanttaja Home Built 11 May 16th 04 06:11 AM