Does ELITE simulator have the Bendix KLN 94 GPS yet?

Old May 7th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Does ELITE simulator have the Bendix KLN 94 GPS yet?

By googling, I've found that the ELITE flight simulator was working
on a simulator for the Bendix/King KLN 94 GPS, but I can't find any
additional information on this.

Does anyone know if they've got this finished?

Is it included in the current 8.0 version being sold?

Thanks,

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA
Old May 7th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Mark Hansen wrote:

By googling, I've found that the ELITE flight simulator was working
on a simulator for the Bendix/King KLN 94 GPS, but I can't find any
additional information on this.

Does anyone know if they've got this finished?

Is it included in the current 8.0 version being sold?

Thanks,

Those folks sell a bunch of overpriced crap.
Old May 7th 06, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Here's a link to V8.0 features http://flyelite.com/features/
. Trimble 2000 Approach PlusT GPS
. Apollo GX Series GPS

Here's a link to the support forums http://flyelite.com/support/forums/

I've had Elite since the mid 1990s and I'm very satisfied with it.

--
Scott

For decades Democrats have been trying to raise the price of gasoline so
that the working class will stop their infernal car-driving and start riding
on buses where they belong, while liberals ride in Gulfstream jets.
-ANN COULTER
http://tinyurl.com/arrsg
..

Old May 15th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

I've been a MS Flight Sim user basically from it's inception. I
recently bought the cheapest Elite sim and have been poking around on
their forums. They are just finishing a patch so you can use most
Garmin handhelds with the sim. It sends all the data through the USB
port to your handheld so it's like you're flying with it. It's like 48
bukz. Cheap upgrades like a KLN94 are pretty hopeless according to
what is being said on the forums. They usually have a very expensive
solution though... Like buy a real KLN94 and patch it in.

It's somewhat off topic, but I can't see anything Elite does that MSFS
doesn't if you don't want to spend big bucks. In fact there is a great
deal FS does that Elite does not. Elite has a few approach capable GPS
units that come with the core package, but no Gamin or Bendix.

But like Elite they charge extra for everything. For 160 you get all
there IFR senerios which are pretty good practice. The core sim is
only 160 or so and it's not bad for IFR practice if you can live with
the onboard equipment. I use it to practice non GPS approaches and it
does that pretty well. The autopilot seems more realistic and the way
you use the mouse to dial in freqs is nice. Also, I think the weather
you can create is very nice for approaches and seems to work
consistantly where I find it hard to make FS do what I want. ... aKiley

Elite and CH Flight Sim Yoke - USB tscottme Instrument Flight Rules 3 December 21st 10 11:34 PM
Bendix sign - Los Angeles Alex Calder Rotorcraft 1 June 30th 04 05:20 AM
Bendix drives. JDupre5762 Home Built 6 May 16th 04 01:23 PM
Elite and CH Flight Sim Yoke - USB tscottme Simulators 2 May 3rd 04 06:24 AM
Airman flying high with elite team Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 17th 03 03:24 AM