Would you do it?

Old June 19th 07, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

Default Would you do it?

http://tinyurl.com/3dy4ot

As a new turbo owner, I'm leary of fixing what ain't broken.

Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old June 19th 07, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

Not Timothy...

"leery"

Old June 20th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

On 6/19/2007 6:21:44 PM, "Dan Luke" wrote:

Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?

I am a sucker for the words, "a slight increase in engine performance..." so
yes, I would.

In the hands of a competent mechanic I don't see the task of changing engine
timing as being risky, but then again I could be a fool.

--
Peter
Old June 20th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/3dy4ot

As a new turbo owner, I'm leary of fixing what ain't broken.

Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?

Is the engine still under warranty?

Have you inquired, just for giggles, what Lycoming would have to say?

Old June 20th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
El Maximo

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/3dy4ot

As a new turbo owner, I'm leary of fixing what ain't broken.

Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?

Is the engine still under warranty?

Have you inquired, just for giggles, what Lycoming would have to say?

The link points to a Lycoming Service Instruction pdf.

Old June 20th 07, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in message
http://tinyurl.com/3dy4ot

As a new turbo owner, I'm leary of fixing what ain't broken.

Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?

Is the engine still under warranty?

Have you inquired, just for giggles, what Lycoming would have to say?

The link points to a Lycoming Service Instruction pdf.

Missed that in all the blue text.

Thanks

Old June 21st 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

"Dan Luke" wrote in message ...
http://tinyurl.com/3dy4ot

As a new turbo owner, I'm leary of fixing what ain't broken.

Would you get the timing bumped 3 degrees if it were yours?

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Yes...did you check the data plate, maybe already done?

Old June 21st 07, 02:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

"Blueskies" wrote:

Yes...did you check the data plate, maybe already done?

Nope. Will do Saturday.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM