A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LX Zeus and PowerFlarm -- Communication Problem

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 17th 17, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
C-FFKQ (42)
external usenet poster

Default LX Zeus and PowerFlarm -- Communication Problem

Hopefully someone has been through this exercise (successfully).

I just received my PowerFlarm today and I'm installing it into the panel (that's no problem). The plan is to use the Zeus for the target display.

There's a "Flarm" port on the back of the Zeus, but it's not RJ-45, like the port on the PF (wasn't planning on using the DB-9 harness that came with the PF, no idea where to wire it to the Zeus). However, the CAN port on the Zeus IS RJ-45, so I connected the PF to the Zeus using one of my cat5e LAN cables. The PF powers up, updates and the file it writes out tells me everything is ok.

Unfortunately, it seems that there's no communication between the Zeus and the PF. I'm at home, not near airways, so no targets to see. But I can check the Zeus system status for GPS function. No joy I've left my panel outside with the GPS antenna having a clear view of the sky for half an hour -- plenty of time to get a signal lock. Still nothing on the Zeus.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.