New CAC Boomerang fighter website - rare images

Old December 17th 03, 09:35 AM
Matthew Denning

Default New CAC Boomerang fighter website - rare images

I would like to let everyone know on this historic occasion (December 17th
2003 being the 100th anniversary of powered flight) that I have launched a
new website on my Australian designed and built CA-13 Boomerang world war
two fighter aircraft. The site includes images of the derelict airframe as
discovered, many detailed pictures taken throughout its restoration, as well
as some air to air images taken since February this year when it undertook
its first post-restoration flight.

The web site address is www.boomerang-flight.com I hope that you
enjoy.

Regards,

Matt Denning

Old December 17th 03, 11:33 AM
RT

Matthew Denning wrote in message ...
The web site address is www.boomerang-flight.com I hope that you
enjoy.

Excellently well done - but you sure know how to make a job last :-)

Idle curiosity - who did the first flight? - I gather you were probably
second (?)

A real credit to all involved - it looks great - and I appreciated the
flying notes particularly since although I used to see Ceres (converted
Wirraways) every day at the next door hangar, I never got to fly in one.

Old December 18th 03, 10:57 AM
The Raven

"Matthew Denning" wrote in message
I would like to let everyone know on this historic occasion (December 17th
2003 being the 100th anniversary of powered flight) that I have launched a
new website on my Australian designed and built CA-13 Boomerang world war
two fighter aircraft. The site includes images of the derelict airframe as
discovered, many detailed pictures taken throughout its restoration, as

well
as some air to air images taken since February this year when it undertook
its first post-restoration flight.

The web site address is www.boomerang-flight.com I hope that you
enjoy.

Regards,

Matt Denning

Great work Matthew. Any chance you'll have the Boomerang at Tyabb next year?
I know plenty of people who'd love to see it.

PS. You're Boomerang has been my wallpaper for quite some time (photo by
G.Alderton). I've bought the reissued Airfix kit with your markings which I
intend to build soon. (I played an insignificant part in helping Daryl scan
some of those drawings).

Regards

--
The Raven
http://www.80scartoons.co.uk/batfinkquote.mp3

Old December 19th 03, 10:06 PM
Matthew Denning

"The Raven" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks for that. Yes the plan is to get the Boomerang to the next Tyabb
airshow if the sponsorship funding to get the aeroplane there and back comes
through.

Matt.

Old December 20th 03, 01:51 AM
The Raven

"Matthew Denning" wrote in message

Thanks for that. Yes the plan is to get the Boomerang to the next Tyabb
airshow if the sponsorship funding to get the aeroplane there and back

comes
through.

I know flying is expensive but could you share with us the approximate cost
of attending something like Tyabb, or at least the sort of sponsorship
dollars needed?

There is a very slim possibility I could squeeze some minor sponsorship out
of my employer but I doubt it would amount to anything like you need. All
the same, every sponsorship dollar is one less you need to fork out
personally.

Old December 20th 03, 05:03 AM
Chris

If the sponsorship doesn't come through I am sure that there would be quite
a few people around that would be willing to throw some money your way
(myself included) to get the Bommer down for Tyabb.

Matt, the web site is excellent. I have been following your progress since
Dennis Baker, ex of HdH Vic Historic Projects Group, told me about you
project, but I didn't realise just how big of a restoration it was until I
read Dick Hourigan's article in Flightpath.

Look forward to seeing you at Tyabb.

Chris

Old December 20th 03, 07:30 AM
Glenn

we'll see :-)

I'll be there anyway. I don't need sponsorship ;-)

Old December 30th 03, 09:09 PM
Matthew Denning

Sorry to have taken so long to reply. With the Christmas break I haven't
looked at the newsgroup entries since my last posting on the 20th Dec. Re
the operating costs of the Boomerang, if you have a copy of the recently
released NEW newsletter for Australian Warbirds Association Limited called
"The Warbird Flyer" there is a breakdown on page 10 of approximate operating
costs per hour for a T-28 Trojan which runs to $1544 per hour.

The Boomerang maintenance and operating requirements are a bit different to
a T-28, however the running costs are virtually the same as this in real
terms. The fuel usage on average of 180 litres per hour is only one
component of the equation. Flying time from Oakey to Tyabb is around 5
hours, and therefore 10 hours total for the round trip. So you can see that
just getting there and back is in the order of $15000. There are very few
air shows in Australia including Tyabb that have budgets which can justify
paying this sort of money to get one particular aeroplane to their event.

I really appreciate your offer of potential sponsorship and any pledges of
support would certainly be gladly accepted.

Matt.

Old December 31st 03, 07:07 AM
The Raven

"Matthew Denning" wrote in message
Sorry to have taken so long to reply. With the Christmas break I haven't
looked at the newsgroup entries since my last posting on the 20th Dec. Re
the operating costs of the Boomerang, if you have a copy of the recently
released NEW newsletter for Australian Warbirds Association Limited called
"The Warbird Flyer" there is a breakdown on page 10 of approximate

operating
costs per hour for a T-28 Trojan which runs to $1544 per hour.

I've flown in CVP and know how much that cost me.....I've also heard
R.Hourigans comments on running costs.

The Boomerang maintenance and operating requirements are a bit different

a T-28, however the running costs are virtually the same as this in real
terms. The fuel usage on average of 180 litres per hour is only one
component of the equation. Flying time from Oakey to Tyabb is around 5
hours, and therefore 10 hours total for the round trip. So you can see

that
just getting there and back is in the order of $15000.

Yes, I can see how it adds up. It surprises me how many people say "Why
didn't aircraft 'X' appear at this show". Rarely do people take into account
the cost of merely getting there. I'm often amazed at how many aircraft from
Temora etc end up at Vic airshows.

There are very few
air shows in Australia including Tyabb that have budgets which can justify
paying this sort of money to get one particular aeroplane to their event.

So true.

I really appreciate your offer of potential sponsorship and any pledges of
support would certainly be gladly accepted.

I'd be willing to make the request to our company but I realistically doubt
we could come up with anything near the amount required. However it would be
nice to know that we assisted in some way with your attendance at Tyabb.

No promises or anything but, I'll test the waters at the office.

Regards