Fuel Prices For The July Pilgrimage

Old May 22nd 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

Default Fuel Prices For The July Pilgrimage

I'd like a consensus opinion from the newsgroup denizens who use any of the
popular "fuel pricing" websites as to the one that they find the most
accurate. My personal favorite over the last few years has been Airnav, but
I'm willing to be persuaded that there is better.

Reason being, about two months from today a lot of us will be coming a long
distance to The Money Hole On Lake Winnebago. My best estimate right now is
that it will cost slightly north of 1 AMU to pump the 182 from GOO to OSH
and back. There are a lot of people from both coasts who are going to spend
at least a significant fraction of that and possibly more.

Let's pick ONE site and keep it absolutely up to the minute current from our
local area at least through the week of The Show.

Jim

I know, I know. "consensus opinion" goes in the same sentence as "herding
cats".
jw

Old May 22nd 07, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter R.

On 5/22/2007 1:08:32 PM, "RST Engineering" wrote:

Let's pick ONE site and keep it absolutely up to the minute current from
our local area at least through the week of The Show.

Airnav has always been on the receiving end of both my fuel/FBO updates and
my fuel research.

--
Peter
Old May 22nd 07, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("Peter R." wrote)
Let's pick ONE site and keep it absolutely up to the minute current from
our local area at least through the week of The Show.

Airnav has always been on the receiving end of both my fuel/FBO updates
and my fuel research.

I am always clicking on AirNav.

AirNav, however, sometimes does not click back right away.

.....S-L-O-W

Montblack

Old May 22nd 07, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jose

Let's pick ONE site and keep it absolutely up to the minute

I'd go with Airnav.

While it's true I haven't used any of the others, Airnav was first, and
has always been there. That counts for a lot. True, it did drop some
FBO listings when they didn't pony up, but I think that's been fixed.
Competition would have to do way better for me to switch.

That said, I'm not going to Osh, so I'm just an opinion, not a
datapoint.

Jose
--
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that just want to
know what button to push, and those that want to know what happens when
Old May 22nd 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("RST Engineering" wrote)
My best estimate right now is that it will cost slightly north of 1 AMU to
pump the 182 from GOO to OSH and back.

GOO ...funny name.

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KGOO
Nevada County Air Park
Grass Valley, California, USA
(formerly O17)

Montblack
(Formerly 017 in '77)

Old May 22nd 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Burns[_3_]

100LL.com has consistently beat Airnav.com on price accuracy and
timely updates for all of the long cross country trips I've taken
during the past 2 years. It's saved me more than $1000 over what
Airnav found for lowest priced fuel near my destinations.

Currently mo-gas at our local pumps is at $3.39. Normally our 100LL
prices will follow mogas but $1 higher. Current 100LL prices have not
followed mogas as high, and current mogas contracts show a down trend
for coming months. I can contract July mogas for $0.05 less than
today's price and August mogas for $0.10 less than today's price. I
would expect that OSH period avgas prices to be pretty close to
current prices.

Old May 22nd 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

The problem, Jim, is that I'm trying my best to wend my way across country
taking as little 100LL as possible because of the fouling issue. As a
matter of fact, I plan on landing at Portage between IOW and PCZ just to get
a good load of mogas for the flight home. Thence Blaine and Aberdeen
before I have to start taking on bluegas.

Jim

ups.com...

Old May 23rd 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Tue, 22 May 2007 15:35:26 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

The problem, Jim, is that I'm trying my best to wend my way across country
taking as little 100LL as possible because of the fouling issue. As a
matter of fact, I plan on landing at Portage between IOW and PCZ just to get
a good load of mogas for the flight home. Thence Blaine and Aberdeen
before I have to start taking on bluegas.

Jim

have you experimented with your plugs?

on the o-200 the usual REM40-E plugs foul up dreadfully on 100/130
avgas but switching to REM38-E plugs gets rid of almost all of the
problem. I run 100/130 avgas with no problems at all.

Stealth Pilot
Old May 23rd 07, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Montblack

("RST Engineering" wrote)
The problem, Jim, is that I'm trying my best to wend my way across country
taking as little 100LL as possible because of the fouling issue. As a
matter of fact, I plan on landing at Portage between IOW and PCZ just to
get a good load of mogas for the flight home. Thence Blaine and Aberdeen
before I have to start taking on bluegas.

Blaine?

When you know your tentative (Depart: OSH) schedule, let me know. You can
hunker down at Blaine (if need be) or soldier on. A place to bunk (with
shower and flushing toilet g) ...and a car will be available - should you
want it, or need it.

We (@ ANE) will take care of Gail ....and you.

That said, I'll be returning from OSH early Saturday evening (8pm-ish), so I
won't be around when you stop by our 'little' airport.

Your OSH event chairs:
Taking them back with you?
Leaving them behind when your week is up?

Your call. I'm open either way. If they're heading West, don't forget to
leave room.

Montblack
http://www.airnav.com/airport/KANE

Old May 23rd 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

"Montblack" wrote in message

When you know your tentative (Depart: OSH) schedule, let me know. You can
hunker down at Blaine (if need be) or soldier on.

Like the diapers say, Depends. If we get an early morning VFR departure,
I'd like to be in western Nebraska for the evening. If we get the usual
crappy Wisconsin IFR mornings, I'll take you up on that.

A place to bunk (with
shower and flushing toilet g) ...and a car will be available - should
you
want it, or need it.

Flushing toilets? FLUSHING TOILETS??? We don't even have those up here in
the wilds of Grass Valley {;-)

We (@ ANE) will take care of Gail ....and you.

Bless you.

That said, I'll be returning from OSH early Saturday evening (8pm-ish), so
won't be around when you stop by our 'little' airport.

Your OSH event chairs:
Taking them back with you?
Leaving them behind when your week is up?

Keep 'em. They are the "Oshkosh Chairs" from now on.

Jim

Fuel Prices For The July Pilgrimage RST Engineering Piloting 46 June 15th 07 10:45 PM
Fuel prices Paul kgyy Owning 14 October 19th 05 10:55 PM
Fuel Prices Ross Richardson Owning 60 September 30th 05 02:06 AM
Fuel Prices ~R Rotorcraft 0 September 10th 05 03:56 PM
Fuel Prices S Green Piloting 0 May 9th 04 09:47 PM