Aviation Videos

Old February 23rd 04, 10:32 PM
S Green

Default Aviation Videos

Must say Jay your aviation videos have made it to the uk.rec.humour news
group.

Way to go!

Old February 23rd 04, 10:41 PM
Jay Honeck

Must say Jay your aviation videos have made it to the uk.rec.humour news
group.

Way to go!

Hmmm. Never visited that one before!

So give us the short version recap of the group: Do they like Benny Hill
stuff? Monty Python stuff? Higher brow stuff?

All of the above?

(Actually, my two favorite clips: "Bird Gone" and "Oh My God" are British
videos...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 23rd 04, 11:25 PM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote
(Actually, my two favorite clips: "Bird Gone" and "Oh My God" are British
videos...)
--
Jay Honeck

I'm with you. "Oh My God" is one of the funniest gags I've ever seen!
--

Jim in NC

---

Old February 24th 04, 12:21 AM
S Green

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Must say Jay your aviation videos have made it to the uk.rec.humour news
group.

Way to go!

Hmmm. Never visited that one before!

So give us the short version recap of the group: Do they like Benny Hill
stuff? Monty Python stuff? Higher brow stuff?

All of the above?

Not really, that's all a bit old now.

Usual corny gags but which tend to be topical.
There was a run on Michael Jackson one liners when he was up in court eg:
What's MJs favourite after dinner sweet? Under eights (Ther is a brand of
after dinner mint called After Eights)

Goerge Bush jokes are pretty regular too. If you like Bush you may not like
them, if you dont like Bush well you will hate yourself for liking them.

Then there are the long running gags such as the blue tile or the brown
stick.

Old February 24th 04, 05:16 PM
S Green

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Not really, that's all a bit old now.

Ah, well. I'm dating myself.

So who posted us, and why? :-)

Not to sure but the favourite video is the Bird Gone. Although you describe
it as British it is new to us and has never been broadcast.

The crashes as ever prove fascinating

Old February 24th 04, 08:06 PM
Jay Honeck

Not to sure but the favourite video is the Bird Gone. Although you
describe
it as British it is new to us and has never been broadcast.

Really? That's interesting. It was sent to me by someone who described it
as British.

It's advertising a car that's not even sold here in the States.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 25th 04, 05:16 AM
Chris Hoffmann

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

Really? That's interesting. It was sent to me by someone who described

it
as British.

It's advertising a car that's not even sold here in the States.

Australian, perhaps? What's the car?

Old February 25th 04, 06:37 AM
Jay Honeck

It's a "Ford Sportka".

See it at http://alexisparkinn.com/photogaller...s/BirdGone.mpg .

The video sure looks British to me, complete with a "UK" url.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 25th 04, 03:06 PM
David CL Francis

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 at 06:37:00 in message
goX_b.11428$AL.293954@attbi_s03, Jay Honeck
wrote:
It's a "Ford Sportka".

See it at http://alexisparkinn.com/photogaller...s/BirdGone.mpg .

The video sure looks British to me, complete with a "UK" url.

It certainly is British. The Ford Ka is quite common on our streets in
the UK. It has been around for a while. I have not heard of the 'Evil
Twin' version but that does not mean it does not exist. I cannot see the
number plates clearly enough to be able to detect the year of first
registration.

I doubt that it has appeared on UK television, but if it had, it would
be followed by an assurance that 'no birds or any other animals were
injured in the making of this film'.
--
David CL Francis
Old February 25th 04, 07:51 PM
S Green

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
"Chris Hoffmann" wrote:

It's advertising a car that's not even sold here in the States.

Australian, perhaps? What's the car?

A "Ford Ka"

Yes, "Ka" ist the name of the car.

Yes, its a Ford Ka, but in the Uk there is a television show which shows
commercials from around the world, including those from the Uk that never
make it.

They would not get away with showing cruelty to an animal. I suppose it
might have been make as an agency promo.