USA parts for Komet trailers?

Old November 19th 10, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

Default USA parts for Komet trailers?

Who is the USA representative for Komet trailers? I want to buy new
outside handles for the front and back and a few other odds and ends.
They have an amazing tendency to turn brittle... The Komet mfr.
website does not make it easy to find out who to contact in the US.

Thanks for the help,
Bruno - B4
Old November 19th 10, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Bruno,

I don't know if he still does it, but Harold Ennulat used to sell and
support Komet trailer parts from his company Entec Technical Services, Inc.
However, the web site link I have for them is no longer working
(http://entec.soaringweb.net/). The e-mail I have for Harold may or may not
be current. It is: The phone numbers I have for
him a (412) 983-9839 and (724) 935-5586.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Old November 19th 10, 06:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

outside handles for the front and back and a few other odds and ends.
They have an amazing tendency to turn brittle...

Why not replace with nicer/upgrade handles? I have used oval x-section
cast aluminum handles on my trailer (and tailwheel dolly. pfft -you
guys can keep your cheopo gate/trowel handles and love them.
Spendy, but damn they feel nice in the hand, even under high loads and
they are not going to get brittle and fall apart -ever... Strangely,
the handles I have are powedercoated black but somehow do not get too
hot to touch, even in full sun on 100°f days.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/2959/=9sepje I have style 20...
but all the handles there are several notches above the lame stock
Komet ones. 14, 15 and 16 look like the best candidates since the
handle style is similar and there are no through-holes to leak in the
future...

-Paul
Old November 19th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Nov 19, 10:39*am, sisu1a wrote:
[...]

Bruno,
I found a pair at a local Boat shop. They weren't exactly the same
hole distance but close enough. They seem to hold up much better in
the sun. The original ones from Komet became very brittle. After I
installed the boat handles I found out I could have used Komet
replacements, I then found out I saved a bunch of money.
Seven years of use and they still work great.

Dan
WO

Get them at iboats.com

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Acc...n_id.406252295

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Get them at iboats.com

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Acc....766452332--ke...

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

good call Richard
Dan

Get them at iboats.com

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Acc....766452332--ke...

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

Part # GHB-1-DP
look like the ones i used

Dan
WO

Get them at iboats.com

http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Parts-Acc....766452332--ke...

Richardwww.craggyaero.com

For those unaware of the inside joke go to:

http://www.iboats.com/aboutus_history.html

Old November 19th 10, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

Thanks everyone for the very useful help. This is a fun new
experience participating in this group where for the first time I am
not told I thermal like crap and should be looking over my shoulder
more before turning to circle... Sounds like there are some great
options outside of the OEM handles. Have a great weekend everyone.
By the way - iboats.com is the bomb!

Bruno - B4
Old November 20th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SP

On Nov 19, 7:56*am, Bruno wrote:
Who is the USA representative for Komet trailers? *I want to buy new
outside handles for the front and back and a few other odds and ends.
They have an amazing tendency to turn brittle... *The Komet mfr.
website does not make it easy to find out who to contact in the US.

Thanks for the help,
Bruno - B4

After being unable to contact Mr. Ennulat, I emailed Anschau directly
at and received a nice response from them with an
offer to help and a parts diagram for the brakes.

Good luck,
Steve

Cracking welds on older Komet trailers Bill Daniels Soaring 2 June 1st 06 03:09 AM
F/S: Pik-20 and PW-5 trailers DB Soaring 0 August 9th 05 02:44 PM
Trailers Don Johnstone Soaring 2 July 13th 05 09:30 PM
Pic trailers culverflyer Soaring 1 May 5th 04 01:37 AM
FS: Aircraft Instruments Parts Avionics Warbird Parts Bill Berle Aviation Marketplace 0 January 10th 04 02:20 AM