Eurofighter news

Old July 3rd 04, 07:16 AM
John Cook

Default Eurofighter news

Hi All

Two Eurofighter Typhoons are now in Singapore after a 13,000km trip,
the aircraft are to be evaluated by Singapore and are in
competition with the F15T and the Rafale.

The F15T and the Rafale have been flown already, the Typhoons
evaluation will be over the next two weeks, the price of the Typhoons
has been stated as between £32-£42 ($55-$70) million depending on
equipment level and quantity bought.

This price compares well with aircraft such as the F18's, Apaches,
and is half what it cost to _produce_ an F/A-22 (if you use only the
cheapest F/A-22 projected price).

It looks like the second tranche are cheaper than the first!, if so
is this a first?.

Why would you buy anything else ;-)

Good luck to them!

Cheers

John Cook

Any spelling mistakes/grammatic errors are there purely to annoy. All
opinions are mine, not TAFE's however much they beg me for them.

Email Address :-
Spam trap - please remove (trousers) to email me
Eurofighter Website :-
http://www.eurofighter-typhoon.co.uk
Old July 3rd 04, 08:48 AM
Skysurfer

John Cook wrote :

Hi All

Two Eurofighter Typhoons are now in Singapore after a 13,000km
trip, the aircraft are to be evaluated by Singapore and are in
competition with the F15T and the Rafale.

The F15T and the Rafale have been flown already, the Typhoons
evaluation will be over the next two weeks, the price of the
Typhoons has been stated as between £32-£42 ($55-$70) million
depending on equipment level and quantity bought.

(...)

Why would you buy anything else ;-)

Because the other (F15 and Rafale) are not grounded every two weeks
Old July 3rd 04, 10:38 AM
Ian

"Skysurfer" wrote in message
John Cook wrote :

Hi All

Two Eurofighter Typhoons are now in Singapore after a 13,000km
trip, the aircraft are to be evaluated by Singapore and are in
competition with the F15T and the Rafale.

The F15T and the Rafale have been flown already, the Typhoons
evaluation will be over the next two weeks, the price of the
Typhoons has been stated as between £32-£42 ($55-$70) million
depending on equipment level and quantity bought.

(...)

Why would you buy anything else ;-)

Because the other (F15 and Rafale) are not grounded every two weeks

Hate to spoil your "fun" but neither are the Typhoons - unless we've got
remote control ones at work. They seem to be flying quite regularly.....

Old July 3rd 04, 10:47 AM
Skysurfer

Ian wrote :

Why would you buy anything else ;-)

Because the other (F15 and Rafale) are not grounded every two
weeks

Hate to spoil your "fun" but neither are the Typhoons - unless
we've got remote control ones at work. They seem to be flying
quite regularly.....

So I wonder why they did not compete with the F-15 and the Rafale at
the beginning of the year ...
In fact I'm wrong, there was a static replica of the Typhoon.
Old July 3rd 04, 03:48 PM
Ian

"Skysurfer" wrote in message
Ian wrote :

Why would you buy anything else ;-)

Because the other (F15 and Rafale) are not grounded every two
weeks

Hate to spoil your "fun" but neither are the Typhoons - unless
we've got remote control ones at work. They seem to be flying
quite regularly.....

So I wonder why they did not compete with the F-15 and the Rafale at
the beginning of the year ...
In fact I'm wrong, there was a static replica of the Typhoon.

I think they didn't compete due to the development program at that time.
Instead, they Singapore team came over to the UK, and flew from Warton (and
from what I've heard from teh aircrew, they were very impressed)

Old July 4th 04, 01:12 PM
John Cook

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 11:47:29 +0200, Skysurfer wrote:

Ian wrote :

Because the other (F15 and Rafale) are not grounded every two
weeks

Just to let you know the latest figures, so you can compare them
fairly, just cast your non partisan eys over this...

The contract for Germany's 68 tranche 2 Typhoons is worth 3,4 bn €,
which means exactly 50 mill €uros per copy.
(about USD$61m at todays exchange rates).

So its price is down, its capability is up...

Now providing the JSF can lose weight, gain capability, holds its
price where it is, and pleases all the partners... its going to give
the Typhoon a run for its money.

BTW does anyone know the status of AMSAR, has it test flown in the BAE
test hack aircraft yet?