I get to wait another week

Old May 27th 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Maynard

Default I get to wait another week

Well, I get to wait another week for my airplane. It's going in the paint
shop this Friday, and will be finished and tested next week. Yeah, I know
I've waited two and a half months already, and another week isn't that big a
deal...but I'm *really* getting antsy.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old May 28th 08, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601Xl Builder

Jay Maynard wrote:
Well, I get to wait another week for my airplane. It's going in the paint
shop this Friday, and will be finished and tested next week. Yeah, I know
I've waited two and a half months already, and another week isn't that big a
deal...but I'm *really* getting antsy.

Jeez Jay, think about those of us that are building the same airplane
for 6+ years.
Old May 28th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Maynard

On 2008-05-28, Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:
Jay Maynard wrote:
Well, I get to wait another week for my airplane. It's going in the paint
shop this Friday, and will be finished and tested next week. Yeah, I know
I've waited two and a half months already, and another week isn't that big a
deal...but I'm *really* getting antsy.

Jeez Jay, think about those of us that are building the same airplane
for 6+ years.

Yeah, but you knew you were going to have to wait a long time. I want mine
NOW NOW NOW!!! :-)
Old May 28th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601Xl Builder

On 2008-05-28, Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:
Jay Maynard wrote:
Well, I get to wait another week for my airplane. It's going in the paint
shop this Friday, and will be finished and tested next week. Yeah, I know
I've waited two and a half months already, and another week isn't that big a
deal...but I'm *really* getting antsy.

Jeez Jay, think about those of us that are building the same airplane
for 6+ years.

Yeah, but you knew you were going to have to wait a long time. I want mine
NOW NOW NOW!!! :-)

I really didn't. I figured 4 years. The first one year delay about 18
months in was a building hold while I waited for a hanger to be built.

The second, which should be ending soon was waiting on my engine to be
built.

And yes, I'm jealous.
Old May 28th 08, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Yeah, but you knew you were going to have to wait a long time. I want mine
NOW NOW NOW!!! :-)

Yep, I know the feeling.

We're driving over to sign the paperwork on our "new" (1948) Ercoupe today.
I'm starting to get stoked about flying this cute little convertible...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 28th 08, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Maynard

On 2008-05-28, Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:
The second, which should be ending soon was waiting on my engine to be
built.

You've at least gotten to see progress on yours (aside from the two holds).
I can only imagine mine.

And yes, I'm jealous.

Well, I'm jealous of theose of you who are building your own: you'll know
your aircraft in ways I never will. The most I'll see is inside the
inspection covers (granted, on the Zodiac there's a huge one on the
underside, but still...)