iGlide update for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) and iPhone 6 plus (5.5 inch)

Old September 22nd 14, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default iGlide update for iPhone 6 (4.7 inch) and iPhone 6 plus (5.5 inch)

You probably need to turn on Location Services in your iPhone system preferences. Then allow iGlide to use location services. IGlide seems to filter the available countries/maps based on your position (at least, in my testing).

--Noel

Old September 22nd 14, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Is on still no Joy!
Old September 22nd 14, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Please see the Air Avionics support page at:

http://support.air-avionics.com/hc/d...letes-Map-Data

This is a known issue and the fix is given at the link above.

Dave Springford
www.foxonecorp.com

Old September 22nd 14, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Monday, September 22, 2014 7:35:32 AM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
On Saturday, September 13, 2014 12:26:10 PM UTC-7, Sean Fidler wrote:

Just wondering what the timing of the next version of iGlide which will hopefully take advantage of the new iPhone 6 form factor.

I have been using iGlide more and more and really enjoy flying with it. Its UI is BY FAR the easiest.

Thanks in advance.

Sean

7T

I up graded my iPad 3 to IOS8 yesterday I just have Iglide lite, lost my airspace and any maps I've downloaded but not my way-point files but I can't see them either. As of this morning I still can't down load them.

The short story is you need to delete the app, then reload it. You will save yourself some time if prior to deleting you copy the Styles, Config, and Navbox_config (all .xml files) as well as the maps to your computer in iTunes prior to deleting the app so that you can restore all that easily. Deleting the app deletes all data, including those files. They will get recreated as defaults if not present on startup.

I had some trouble reinstalling the files (says incorporating new info but then crashes to home screen) but I just did it again several times and it finally worked.
Old September 23rd 14, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Fixed
Old March 8th 15, 08:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

On Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:17:33 PM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
Fixed

I'm trying to add files to Iglide lite on my Iphone 6 from ITunes in particular Cambridge .dat waypoint files. After adding them (yes I graduated to rocket scientist) thru Itunes,when I open Iglide on my Iphone 6 the Iglide app asks if I want to add new files. When I select Yes the app immediately closes. When I reopen the app and look for the files they are not there. Why?
Old March 8th 15, 08:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Pasker

On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 4:11:45 PM UTC-4, Glidergeek wrote:
On Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:17:33 PM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
Fixed

I'm trying to add files to Iglide lite on my Iphone 6 from ITunes in particular Cambridge .dat waypoint files. After adding them (yes I graduated to rocket scientist) thru Itunes,when I open Iglide on my Iphone 6 the Iglide app asks if I want to add new files. When I select Yes the app immediately closes. When I reopen the app and look for the files they are not there. Why?

they key phrase is "immediately closes". it measn the app is crashing.
Old March 8th 15, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 1:17:25 PM UTC-7, Bob Pasker wrote:
On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 4:11:45 PM UTC-4, Glidergeek wrote:
On Monday, September 22, 2014 at 5:17:33 PM UTC-7, Glidergeek wrote:
Fixed

I'm trying to add files to Iglide lite on my Iphone 6 from ITunes in particular Cambridge .dat waypoint files. After adding them (yes I graduated to rocket scientist) thru Itunes,when I open Iglide on my Iphone 6 the Iglide app asks if I want to add new files. When I select Yes the app immediately closes. When I reopen the app and look for the files they are not there. Why?

they key phrase is "immediately closes". it measn the app is crashing.

Delete it and reload it?

Old March 9th 15, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Craig,

I'm going to play with that in Tennessee next month. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sean