Data for Wittman W8 Tailwind Builders.

Old December 16th 03, 02:50 PM
Stealth Pilot

Default Data for Wittman W8 Tailwind Builders.

I fly a very sweetly sorted out Tailwind.
I often get asked for details of some of the mods that the builder
used because they do make it a very practical aeroplane.
Some goading from a friend has seen me create a web thingummybob.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~tailwind

follow the mods hyperlink. you will see a page of thumbnails of the
mods from the standard Wittman drawings. The original pages were
Foolscap but my scanner is limited to A4 so there is a little bit
snipped from an end but none of the details have been lost.
typical deal, click the thumbnail for the large picture. they are the
original 400kb scans to keep the quality up.

The aircraft is 18 years old

It has a stall warning that would cost $5 to make and works perfectly.

The engine mounts bolt to the fuselage with what must be the most
elegant solution to the problem.

It has a 120 litre tank which gives it almost 6 hours endurance.
the fuel system is unbelievably simple.

The pitot head is something that is easy to make and is quite robust.

Oil Cooler and Spinner installations are trouble free.

The seat position and luggage locker are improved from standard.

I've also posted the original flight test report because it is handy
for preparation and comparison.

If I find any more technical stuff related to the W8 I'll post it.
next maintenance when all the covers are off I'll take photos of the
setups so that you can see what the drawings translate to in reality.
enjoy.
Stealth Pilot
Australia