Piper Dakota and turbo Dakota

Old December 21st 17, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Piper Dakota and turbo Dakota

On Wednesday, April 8, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, MLSHOOP wrote:
I have been posting to these groups trying to find information and
opinions on Piper Dakota`s and turbo Dakota`s. For some reason
my posts only last a couple of hours and then disappear. Oh well,
I am nothing if not persistant. Any info and opinions on these air-
craft would be greatly appreciated. I would like to know how they
compare to the C-182 in performance and handling qualties?
Also, I have heard the continental engine that powers the turbo
Dakota is a terrible piece of equipment that requires lots of
maintence? I think it is the IO-360 but I am not sure, any opinions
or first hand knowledge? Thanks

I have owned a turbo Dakota for 17 years. It goes fast flies high and carries a load. Not one engine issue... rumors from years ago. ADs fixed any problems.

Turbo Dakota question Mike Noel Owning 8 December 27th 08 04:01 AM
Another Dakota - From NZ Jack G[_2_] Aviation Photos 3 April 10th 08 11:12 PM
Dakota Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 7 July 21st 07 07:33 PM
Dakota Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 June 16th 07 12:57 PM
Any way to lower Piper Dakota seat height? Bob Reynolds Owning 2 October 10th 03 05:22 AM