Property Tax on gliders in California?

Old March 27th 04, 12:07 AM
ken ward

In article ,
Marc Ramsey wrote:

126Flyr wrote:
For those not familiar with CA politics, the recalled governor raised my
Honda Odyssey "propety tax" (DMV registration fees, etc.) from $229.00
per year to $497.00 on a 3 year old $33,000.00 minivan. That is only
one of the reasons I voted for Arnold despite wanting to see Davis
stew in his political juices for the full term, then really get run
out of Sacramento on a rail. Oops, that's bordering on politics --
really guys, I'm just trying to explain the taxes...

I know many Californians like to forget this, but Davis did not *raise*
the auto "property tax", it was *lowered* a few years back when
California had a huge tax surplus, then Davis *restored* it to its
former levels when the surplus went away. But, why let reality get in
the way of electing Arnold...

Marc

And don't forget the new Permanent Trailer Identification (PTI) stickers
or plates that CA registered trailers now carry. I haven't gotten a
registration fee invoice since that sticker arrived, which saves me
about $20 each year.

Hmmm, I wonder how much money it saves someone who owns a tractor
trailer?

Ken