Condor News ---- 2 October 2018

Old October 5th 18, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Condor News ---- 2 October 2018

On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 5:13:52 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Monday, October 1, 2018 at 10:47:05 PM UTC-7, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
In the last month we have released 2 new gliders - The Ventus 3 in 15m and 18m, and the ASK21.

Condor development continues apace.

Chris & Uros
Condor Team

I know this may not go over with a lot of newer people to soaring, i.e. more recently than the 1960s, but there are still quite a few 2-33s being used for training. It would be nice to have a model in Condor that approximated it's handling qualities, cockpit layout, sight picture, etc.

I second this suggestion most vigorously!
Old October 5th 18, 07:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 5:18:16 PM UTC+2, wrote:
On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 1:47:05 AM UTC-4, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
In the last month we have released 2 new gliders - The Ventus 3 in 15m and 18m, and the ASK21.

Condor development continues apace.

Chris & Uros
Condor Team

Condor 2 is a big improvment over the already good Condor1 and the fleet is growing nicelly good matches for almost all categories except Club Class and Open Class.

I think you should prioritize some Club Class to fly against the Standard Cirrus ASW-19 is my favorite but LS-1 or Libelle might be a more balanced aproach.

We agree. EB29R will be along this winter, and I'm just about to get club class started. ASW19 and 20 will be first
Old October 5th 18, 07:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 1:13:52 AM UTC+2, wrote:
On Monday, October 1, 2018 at 10:47:05 PM UTC-7, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
In the last month we have released 2 new gliders - The Ventus 3 in 15m and 18m, and the ASK21.

Condor development continues apace.

Chris & Uros
Condor Team

I know this may not go over with a lot of newer people to soaring, i.e. more recently than the 1960s, but there are still quite a few 2-33s being used for training. It would be nice to have a model in Condor that approximated it's handling qualities, cockpit layout, sight picture, etc.

Let me get the 1-26 out first, then we will consider the 2-33.
Old October 5th 18, 03:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

There were ~50% more standard Libelles built (601) than ASW-19 (425) so maybe that should be on the list after the 20. Just sayin...

Old October 5th 18, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 1:47:05 AM UTC-4, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
In the last month we have released 2 new gliders - The Ventus 3 in 15m and 18m, and the ASK21.

Condor development continues apace.

Chris & Uros
Condor Team

Come one they need to sale their Add on Gliders and ASW-19/-20 are just the sexiest fusealage look ever built till the Js3
I don't think that 2-33 models will sale much
Old October 5th 18, 10:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 4:39:15 PM UTC+2, wrote:
There were ~50% more standard Libelles built (601) than ASW-19 (425) so maybe that should be on the list after the 20. Just sayin...

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 1:12:28 AM UTC-5, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

We agree. EB29R will be along this winter, and I'm just about to get club class started. ASW19 and 20 will be first

I'm desparate to get the Libelle done too, but there are only so many hours in a day. It will come, probably in 2019.

Old October 6th 18, 07:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Wedgwood[_2_]

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 11:38:20 PM UTC+1, wrote:
How about an aircraft builders toolkit like the scenery builders toolkit. The numbers of hours in a day would increase exponentially.

In any case, I appreciate the effort you and your team put into this!

Robert

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 4:14:49 PM UTC-5, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 4:39:15 PM UTC+2, wrote:
There were ~50% more standard Libelles built (601) than ASW-19 (425) so maybe that should be on the list after the 20. Just sayin...

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 1:12:28 AM UTC-5, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

We agree. EB29R will be along this winter, and I'm just about to get club class started. ASW19 and 20 will be first

I'm desparate to get the Libelle done too, but there are only so many hours in a day. It will come, probably in 2019.

It's not required. All thats needed is a 3d modelling program and skill to make the model.

You can do this with free programs. Wings3d is easy, Blender good too.
Old October 6th 18, 11:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Alberto Recchi

Are you guys working also on a model for the HpH 18 meter Shark?