Another reason to fly GA...

Old July 21st 05, 06:19 AM
john smith

Default Another reason to fly GA...

I learned today that the TSA has a rule that prohibits a passenger from
purchasing a new ticket on a flight departing in less than two hours if
that passenger has no luggage... even if the airline of a connecting
flight has lost your luggage.
Old July 21st 05, 06:48 AM
Jay Beckman

"john smith" wrote in message
.. .
I learned today that the TSA has a rule that prohibits a passenger from
purchasing a new ticket on a flight departing in less than two hours if
that passenger has no luggage... even if the airline of a connecting flight
has lost your luggage.

I sincerely hope they find your luggage...

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
Chandler, AZ

Old July 21st 05, 11:38 AM
Neil Gould

Recently, john smith posted:

I learned today that the TSA has a rule that prohibits a passenger
from purchasing a new ticket on a flight departing in less than two
hours if that passenger has no luggage... even if the airline of a
connecting flight has lost your luggage.

I hereby propose a re-assignment of the acronym "TSA" to mean "Terminally
Stupid Actions".

Neil

Old July 21st 05, 11:40 AM
Bob Noel

In article ,
john smith wrote:

I learned today that the TSA has a rule that prohibits a passenger from
purchasing a new ticket on a flight departing in less than two hours if
that passenger has no luggage... even if the airline of a connecting
flight has lost your luggage.

sigh

Walk into one of those stores at the airport selling luggage, buy one
(any one), buy ticket, return bag.

The subject could read something like: "Another reason to fly GA...
or yet another example of low IQ in rulemaking"

--
Bob Noel
no one likes an educated mule

Old July 21st 05, 03:14 PM
Chris G.

The fundamental problem with this is that you can't return the bag
because it was checked.

Chris

Old July 21st 05, 03:17 PM
Peter R.

"Chris G." nospam@noemail wrote:

The fundamental problem with this is that you can't return the bag
because it was checked.

What, no one shows up with carry-ons as legitimate luggage anymore?

--
Peter

Old July 21st 05, 04:47 PM
Chris G.

I guess it depoends on what the airlines consider luggage. I don't
consider a carry-on bag luggage. IMHO, luggage is what gets checked.

Chris

Old July 21st 05, 04:57 PM
Peter R.

"Chris G." nospam@noemail wrote:

I guess it depoends on what the airlines consider luggage. I don't
consider a carry-on bag luggage. IMHO, luggage is what gets checked.

Perhaps, but in the case of the person wanting to purchase a ticket within
two hours, I would speculate that having only a carry-on bag would be
considered luggage by the airline and the TSA. Thus, the ticket purchase
would be permitted.

--
Peter

Old July 21st 05, 05:57 PM
George Patterson

john smith wrote:
I learned today that the TSA has a rule that prohibits a passenger from
purchasing a new ticket on a flight departing in less than two hours if
that passenger has no luggage... even if the airline of a connecting
flight has lost your luggage.

The rule was slipped in under pressure from the organization of vendors that
sell luggage at airports.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old July 21st 05, 06:00 PM
Hotel 179

"john smith" wrote in message
.. .
I learned today that the TSA has a rule that prohibits a passenger from
purchasing a new ticket on a flight departing in less than two hours if
that passenger has no luggage... even if the airline of a connecting
flight has lost your luggage.

------------------------------------------------reply-----------------------------------------------------------------

My wife and I were flying the airlines home in December but because of the
weather we chose to arrive at the airport much earlier than usual. The very
nice lady at the ticket counter offered to get us on an earlier flight so we
checked our luggage and traded our tickets. When we got to the TSA
choke-point, the TSA folks looked at our tickets and pulled us aside to do a
pat-down.

I guess that we looked the part of a couple of middle aged school teachers
on vacation because the TSA supervisor took the time to explain that the
reason we were patted down is because of the code on the ticket. If you
change tickets within some time period before the flight (30 days??), you
are automatically singled out for a pat-down. In this case, it was the
airline that made the ticket change. The supervisor explained that if this
ever was ever the case again, make the request at the ticket counter that
the code be deleted. It's up to the airlines to make the change. I thought
that it was nice of him to let us know that jewel of information.

Stephen
Foley, Alabama

Stephen F. Pearce
Foley, Alabama