Falcon Gauges

Old May 11th 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
rickyP

Default Falcon Gauges

D.Rizzato wrote:
I just wonder if anyone has any experience with the Falcon Gauges mine
DG had only 75 hours
and gave up its life, unfortunately its out of warranty because it take
a bit longer to assemble a Glastar
when I removed the DG I was surprised to learn “ Made In China “ no
wonder they fail so quickly
now they will charge me $ 350 for an exchange.
Cheers
Horst

Yes, I had two attitude indicators that failed and a friend of mine has
had three airspeed indicators fail. Bad stuff. Stay away from them

Rick Pellicciotti
Old May 11th 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

Yes, I had two attitude indicators that failed and a friend of mine has
had three airspeed indicators fail. Bad stuff. Stay away from them

Rick Pellicciotti

Here's and idea, keep buying crap from China.
Oh wait, that's where Cessna is building.
Lou
Old May 12th 08, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
D.Rizzato

Well how about telling Aircraft spruce
to stop offering that crap or we will boycott them
till they take it off there parts book.
its amassing
1.) they try to kill our animals with there tainted food
2.) than they try to kill our kids with the lead paint
now they try to kill the GA pilots.
I have started a campaign in Europe, we speak 4 different
languages in our home, all homebuilters in Europe have been informed to
watch out
and not to purchase there equipment which the exemption of the
suicidal pilots.I think the company who is importing this crap
is Amy Wang Wultrad, Inc

Cheers

"rickyP" wrote in message
t...

Old May 12th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

D.Rizzato wrote:
Well how about telling Aircraft spruce
to stop offering that crap or we will boycott them
till they take it off there parts book.
its amassing
1.) they try to kill our animals with there tainted food
2.) than they try to kill our kids with the lead paint
now they try to kill the GA pilots.
I have started a campaign in Europe, we speak 4 different
languages in our home, all homebuilters in Europe have been informed to
watch out
and not to purchase there equipment which the exemption of the
suicidal pilots.I think the company who is importing this crap
is Amy Wang Wultrad, Inc

Cheers

While I agree the stuff is crap I don't agree with a boycott of ACS. If
they don't have it someone else will and that puts ACS at a competitive
disadvantage.

Please note from the time the original poster asked the question it took
him less than an hour to get an answer back in this forum. The
information is out there. If someone is too lazy to do a little research
on an instrument they are going to bet their life on then they might not
need to be building an airplane. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to
look at the price of a Falcon instrument and a quality one and figure
out there must be some difference in the two.

I know they are crap but I still might buy one just to have a steam
back-up of the Dynon that is going in my plane. Odds are I'll never use
it and if I do the chance that it, or the one I replace it with failing
at the same time as the Dynon are next to nil.
Old May 13th 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

I know they are crap but I still might buy one just to have a steam
back-up of the Dynon that is going in my plane. Odds are I'll never use
it and if I do the chance that it, or the one I replace it with failing
at the same time as the Dynon are next to nil.

Ok, maybe a good point but, even if you "don't use it" it's still
hooked up and working. So even if you "don't use it", somewhere
down the line it will either break or not but you will always look
at it and compare it the the dynon. In other words it's always on and
working, so how do you know when it breaks? If you compare it's
information
with the dynon and start to question the dynon, then you'll end up
spending
the money you saved on a mechanic looking over the dynon. Or not.
Lou

Old May 13th 08, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601Xl Builder

Lou wrote:
I know they are crap but I still might buy one just to have a steam
back-up of the Dynon that is going in my plane. Odds are I'll never use
it and if I do the chance that it, or the one I replace it with failing
at the same time as the Dynon are next to nil.

Ok, maybe a good point but, even if you "don't use it" it's still
hooked up and working. So even if you "don't use it", somewhere
down the line it will either break or not but you will always look
at it and compare it the the dynon. In other words it's always on and
working, so how do you know when it breaks? If you compare it's
information
with the dynon and start to question the dynon, then you'll end up
spending
the money you saved on a mechanic looking over the dynon. Or not.
Lou

It's my feeling, and I may be wrong, that the failure mode for the Dynon
would most likely be of the no light in the glass variety. So during the
time before the light goes out I would have been cross checking against
the steam gauges from time to time. There will also be a Gamin 496 in
the aircraft.

And let's remember this. I'd only have the Falcon gauges in the aircraft
for VFR ops. I wouldn't have Falcon gauges in the airplane in their
boxes for IFR ops.
Old May 13th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Lou

It's my feeling, and I may be wrong, that the failure mode for the Dynon
would most likely be of the no light in the glass variety. So during the
time before the light goes out I would have been cross checking against
the steam gauges from time to time. There will also be a Gamin 496 in
the aircraft.

And let's remember this. I'd only have the Falcon gauges in the aircraft
for VFR ops. I wouldn't have Falcon gauges in the airplane in their
boxes for IFR ops.

Well you have my curiosity. Let me know how well they work and
install. I'm still aways
away from that so I'll just have to trust your judgment.
Lou

Falcon Gauges user Home Built 2 April 18th 08 02:17 AM
Bad fuel gauges? WingFlaps Piloting 73 February 25th 08 08:42 PM
Fuel Level Sight Gauges DonMorrisey Home Built 5 August 10th 06 05:00 AM
Need the temp and oil pressure gauges for a J3, where do I get them? Eduardo B. Restoration 0 December 5th 03 12:59 PM
FA: Vintage aircraft gauges Randal Peterson Aviation Marketplace 0 November 13th 03 02:05 AM