Octave Chanute Museum Rantoul Illinois 9

Old June 15th 08, 12:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

Default Octave Chanute Museum Rantoul Illinois 9

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1641.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	26556
Old June 15th 08, 03:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
PVK

Thanks Dallas. As a Brit, its great to see some of these less well known
American museums, and the pleasing treasures within. Lovely stuff !

Regards

Paul

"Dallas" wrote in message

Old June 15th 08, 02:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HiFlyer

Is that a C-133 ?
HF

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 23:41:20 GMT, "Dallas"

Old June 16th 08, 03:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

I dont have the original posts still on my isp so Im not sure which one was
which....

Dallas

Old June 16th 08, 03:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

Thanks, Its been a few years since I ve been out there. Some of the birds
are in sad need of paint. Several are indoors being reworked. Dallas

Old June 18th 08, 03:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HiFlyer

Having gone out on searches for about 5 of the 15 or so that crashed
under unknown circumstances, I'm surprised there were any left for a
museum!! Douglas did not claim parenthood to that one!

They finally found out the cause and it was a path thru the test
circuit that drove the props to a fixed pitch (position) and flamed
out all four engines. With no electrical power, they couldn't even
send a MAYDAY. Once crewman finally survived a crash and they could
pinpoint the cause.

HF