Old March 1st 04, 02:02 PM
Jim Carter

Jay,
the reason I'd consider it is on price alone. You are essentially
competing head-to-head against other hopefully reasonable buyers and not
usually paying a broker to blow smoke at you. The seller is often trying to
move his or her bird quickly at the lowest cost to them, so you just might
get the best price possible on the bird. Of course, I'd never waive the
pre-buy and wouldn't consider bidding on a bird that didn't include a right
to reject based on the outcome of the inspection.

I probably wouldn't bid on a brokered bird that was listed on ebay
because I think there could be too many unknowns.

Another gentleman in this thread related he had negotiated a lower than
bid price after finding some issues during the pre-buy. I think that is a
very fair and equitable way of handling this type of sale and hope to be so
fortunate when it comes my turn.

--
Jim Carter
Seen on a bumper sticker:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, on group or in
private mail.

Why did you choose Ebay over the myriad of more accepted methods of
purchasing an aircraft?

I've bought a lot of things on Ebay, and (knock on wood) have not been
screwed yet. (Although one guy did take six weeks to deliver.)

Still, I'd be scared to death to buy anything worth that much on Ebay.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA