Old March 26th 04, 09:40 AM
John Galban

lid wrote in message .. .
snip
I understand this is an academic exercise, but it could be that the
answer can be had by simply calling your local FSDO first. Believe me,
nothing you find on this or any other newsgroup is going to be
admissible in court if there is ever a problem.

Haaahaa! That's a good one! You don't really think that, "I called
Bob at the FSDO and he said it was OK" is going to fly in any FAA
court do you?

Since you've jumped out of the academic and into the real world, the
fact is that you could call 3 different people in a FSDO and get 3
different answers. Then you could call 5 other FSDOs and get more
different answers. None of that will help you in court.

I agree that this newsgroup is not the final word on the regs, but
in my experience, you'll do no better by calling a FSDO for legal
interpretations. What they tell you carries about as much weight as
the comments you'll find here. FWIW, I find the folks here more
knowledgable about the regs than most of the FSDO inspectors I've met.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)