Old June 7th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JB

Default flying to New York City

On Jun 6, 4:26 pm, wrote:
Hi all. I'd appreciate any thoughts on which is the best airport to
land at in a single if flying in to visit Manhattan and parking up for
2 nights. Which airport provides the best combination of affordable
parking and affordable but swift access to Manhattan?

Teterboro seems expensive but a bit closer than White Plains. Does TEB
save you any time or not really?

How about LDJ? I tried to call the FBO for information but can't get
through.

Thanks for the help,

Tom

This question has been asked (and answered) a few times recently. Do
a search in this group. The bottom line...stay away from TEB or you
might need an ambulance with heart attack gear when you get the bill.
It is the closest to Manhattan (a quick 20 min bus ride to Port
Authority). But there are fees on top of fees for everything. The
general consensus seems to be HPN as #1, followed by either LDJ or
CDW. All 3 are further away, but cheaper and nicer to us little guys.

--Jeff