Old September 6th 03, 08:19 AM

terra wrote:

There's a sketch of your Scorpion and a bit of history at
http://avia.russian.ee/vertigo/scorpion-r.html
Yes, it looks good. Improved all-aluminum rotor blades are mentioned. Be careful
with your deteriorated 35 year-old blades with only 25 hours on them, they
apparently weren't too great when they were new.

The sketch is pretty close to what I have. The red one in the photo
on top and the one in the sketch are both supposed to be scorpions.
The frames are pretty much the same with different bodies. I think
that the red one is the first one that they are talking about and the
one in the sketch is the second one. The javelin is a totally
different looking helicopter.

More rotorway history at: http://www.rotorway.com/history.html
There is a really good photo site at:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...364/earl2.html

In any event, my scorpion rotor blades are composite and appear
cracked. I haven't figured out how to fix them yet. Perhaps a fresh
coat of resin?

Dennis H.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."
To find out what an H-1B is and how they are putting
Americans out of work, visit the following web site
and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news video:
http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm