Old December 7th 04, 01:12 PM
Jay Honeck

Createing such a problem was a long time coming and took a lot of extra
curricular late night reading pouring over the service manual and the web.

Heater problems can be the worst, since there are so many variables, and
they all have such large consequences. Everything from a tiny air leak
under the back seat, to door seals, to the heat ducts, to flapper
controls -- you name it -- can screw up winter flying.

Having a Janitrol heater just adds another set of variables to the
problem -- congrats on getting it fixed. (The coldest I have EVER been was
in a C-310, flying into Rochester, MN in winter -- with an inop gas-fired
heater. I thought I was going to die.)

It took me over a year to get our old Warrior to the point where my kids
didn't need a down comforter in the back seat. (Luckily our current plane
has been air-tight and hot since Day One -- no doubt because a previous
owner went through all the rigmarole for me.)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA