Old December 17th 04, 03:03 AM
nobody

Denny,

Is Fat Albert an Aztec by chance? If so, what year model?

I have a '64 C model Aztec with a Southwind that does not work
worth a crap. Did your old Southwind actually keep the cabin
warm? Mine seems to produce more stink and smoke than heat.

How difficult was the installaton of the new C&D unit? Any major
problems in getting the C&D installed?

Thanks,

Ronnie

"Denny" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just put a new heater in Fat Albert from C&D, to replace the
Southwind... Test flew it yesterday for the first time... 28F outside,
and I had to keep turning down the heat inside - halfway open on the
knob was just right... On that point I'm a happy camper...

The old heater was working but had an AD for inspection every 500 hours
(531 in the logbook since last inspection)... Pulled it and found a
tiny crack on the can, plus it had been welded before (no entry in the
logs)... Called three major shops for opinions and they were uniform
that it needed to be zero timed which would be $1800 plus my obsolete
solenoid/fuel regulator had to go, for another $650... In the end I
sprang for brand new unit with a warranty... That turned out to be
$3200 with shipping, plus a number of hours of labor to install a new
control switch and wiring... At least I have no AD's for now...
Denny and Fat Albert