Old November 4th 06, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Somerset

Default Battery heater: Any experiences?

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 15:50:02 -0500, "Peter R." wrote:

After having some rather lucky starts last winter, I am thinking of adding
a Tanis battery heater to my Tanis system. On paper, this new heating
element makes sense to me.

Any experiences?

Better than a battery heater is a trickle charger. It will both keep the
battery fully charged, and also keep it warm. Just make sure you get a
charger for your battery voltage (12 or 24 volts).

Check with your IA to see if you need a form 337 (or some such) to make the
installation legal.