Old July 30th 03, 12:57 PM
Jeff Doran

Fantastic story Guy! Congratulations, and thanks for bringing me back
to that moment in time, which for me was in '92...since then, I have
made that "trip down and back up the east coast" almost 2 dozen times,
with my wife...and I have the IR to thank for making it a practical
vacation and weekend getaway option...
Good luck, file often and fly it wet...

Jeff Doran
Mooney N1159P Atlantic City

"Guy Elden Jr." wrote in message ...
WOO HOO, I PASSED!!!!!

*whew*... the most challenging flight ever was finally over! And... I was
now a bona-fide instrument rated pilot! And the examiner even patted me on
the shoulder! I _never_ expected him to do that... he's just not that kind
of person. I knew I must've done something right to earn that sign of
respect from him.

Now my thoughts are turning toward trips... and vacations... and things to
do with my wife and friends. We've got some ideas in mind, one of them is
pretty ambitious... involving a trip down and back up the east coast of the
U.S.... so we'll see...

I'm just relieved that things turned out as well as they did, and that I was
able to survive that checkride. I now know I can handle myself in situations
that might prove deadly without adequate training, and I also know a little
bit about my limits. I don't plan on flying anywhere close to legal minimums
for quite some time, but it's good to know that, just in case fate plays its
cards against me, I do have the skills necessary to get down safely.

Thanks for reading, and many safe and enjoyable flights to you!