Old October 2nd 03, 08:30 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message

And my interpretation of the note is that, indeed, DME is legally required
to fly the approach. It is used to ID two of the IAF's and could be used
to ID the MAP (for the LOC approach) and/or Westy (it's not necessary for
either one). And yes, you could fly the approach without DME by

navigating
to NOBBY as the IAF; and using timing if you are using the LOC approach;
and using radials to ID WESTY.

I don't know the requirements for putting a DME required note in the
procedure, when it is possible to fly at least one of the charted
procedures without using DME.

You're saying this approach can be flown without DME yet you believe DME is
legally required to fly this approach?