Old November 2nd 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default Engine pre heater identification

You can't get a mirror and see the pad? There's nowhere on there that
says how many watts it is? Most of the heating pads on aircraft are
bought at the Farm and Ranch store, that's where I got mine and
everybody around here does the same thing. Why spend $200 when a $35
one works the same?

nick name wrote:

The logbooks for our newly purchased A36 Bonanza has an entry "E2 Heat
Engine Heater" installed. No other documentation on this AC powered
heater (attached to oil sump) appears anywhere. Any ideas on who the
manufacturer is? I want to get an owners manual and specs (e.g.
current draw). Any help is appreciated.