Old February 8th 05, 12:09 AM
JJ

"D" wrote:

----------
In article ,
(JJ) wrote:

"Mr. Young said the total Marine One development and acquisition cost
would be $6.1 billion for 23 helicopters, with the first scheduled for
delivery in October 2009. Mr. Young said the total Marine One
development and acquisition cost would be $6.1 billion for 23
helicopters, with the first scheduled for delivery in October 2009."

Whoa! $6.1 Billion for 23 units is $265 million per helicopter.
I dunno sounds like a lot...too much actually.

Actually, I believe this is actually for several decades of support and
maintenance. They're not just buying helicopters, but a long-term service
contract.

I'll go read the article again - don't they usually say something
about "life cycle costs" for support and maintenance? The article
just says development (can be BIG bucks) and acquisition costs.

Of course, newspaper articles are never wrong. :-)

Jay