Old June 21st 04, 08:58 PM
Dude

Dave,

I agree with some of your post, and disagree with a little.

The larger piston twins will definitely be hit hard. But the smaller ones
may do okay. They are already cheap when used, and the new ones are only
being built to supply a small market - training planes and step up planes.

If the Centurion engine lives up to its claims, and has product support,
then the Diamond Twin Star could reshape the equation being useful for
training, personal transport, and short range Air Taxi.

They could easily sell 5000 of these planes over the next ten years if it
works well. Unfortunately, I hear Diamond may be hedging their bets due to
the lack of support from Thielert/Centurion. They don't want to see a
replay of the Rotax problems they had on the katanas.

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
"Vigo" wrote in message

Any one have any sales advice on piston twins v.s turbo prop twins. I'm
currently in the process of aquiring a charter buisness that operates 2
navajo aircraft. I've heard some people say that the days of the piston

twin
in commercial charter work may be coming to an end.

When the microjets hit the markets in large numbers over the next 5-10
years, the piston twins - especially new ones - will suddenly become
less desireable due to the price differences.

Several entrepreneurs have already placed large orders (100+) for some
of these small jets (Eclipse, Saffire, etc.) in full anticipation of
offering air taxi services from small airports that are not served by
airlines.

Marketed right, this could completely change public perception of
private flying. It may be in reach for more of the masses if priced
right. Forget the big airports. Just call your airtaxi and share a
flight with a few others to Florida, Vegas, New York, etc. The cost
per person and time flexibility just might make it worth it.