Old November 7th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Default Outside air temperature probe

Robert M. Gary wrote:
dlevy wrote:

I had a new windshield installed and don't want to drill a hole in the new
windshield for the old temperature probe. Is there a cheap alternative that
I won't have to drill the windshield to install?

On my Mooney I installed the remote temp probe in the pilot's air
eyeball air scoop, near your left knee. We then ran the wire behind the
panel to the EDM. It alarms at 0 C for icing.

You might want to set that a little higher, like +5 or so. Yesterday we
had moderate rime here between 11,000 and 14,000, temp was +4.