Old March 15th 07, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Stubby

Default USAF Museum?

Paul Tomblin wrote:
Does anybody have any suggestions on flying down to Dayton to see the
museum at Wright-Pat? Good airports to use, good places to stay, etc? Is
there public transit to Wright-Pat or will I need to rent a car?

There are many hotels along I-75. Finding your way over to WPAFB and
the Museum is easy. Some colleagues used to stay at places in Fairborn
which is closer to the Base. The entrances to these are on Rt 4.

After going through the main museum, plan on visiting the special
displays of "The Presidents' Planes" and "Planes tested at WP". These
are in a building on the Base (C street?). The museum will give you a
car pass. I don't think you can visit without a car.