Old September 16th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
150flivver

Default Best damn or luciest pilot

And the angle of attack looks pretty high for a landing speed that is
twice normal. And I'd be surprised that he'd lower the flap on the
remaining wing during landing. And the starboard side of the tail
appears to be missing. And ...

Matt

You're right about the angle of attack looking pretty high for a
landing speed
twice normal but that's only if he had two wings. It is certainly
reasonable to
have to have a high AOA and a much higher speed with a missing wing.
In
a F-111 with the wings stuck back at 72 degrees, our landing speed
would be
well over 200 knots with a very high AOA compared to a normal approach
and landing.