Old February 27th 08, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Vaughn Simon

Default The Latest Sport Aviation has a WHAT on the cover?

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .

I certainly agree that the EAA magazine doesn't even come close to Kitplanes
for content that I'm interested in but EAA does lobby Congress in my behalf,
so I'll keep my membership a little longer. I just wish that EAA would
produce a magazine dedicated to Experimental Aviation.

Like it or not, the EAA magazine is aimed at EAA members in general, not
homebuilders in particular.

I wonder what percentage of EAA members are actually homebuilders? I will
bet that it is a great minority. To be honest, I am a member that does not ever
see himself actually building an airplane. In fact, the first several years
that I was a member, I was not even a pilot.

I am a member of EAA for several good reasons, and I think it is a good
(not perfect) organization that is important to us small guys in aviation,
(homebuilder or not) particularly those of us who might fly Experimental ships.
I am also a member of AOPA, & the SSA. I would rate the EAA magazine higher
than either of those other organizations's publications, though the AOPA rag
seems to have improved in recent years.

Vaughn