Old December 8th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mike

Default This is why you should never trust your fuel gages

"Ross" wrote in message
news
Sam Spade wrote:
Ross wrote:

I like my engine performance tables and a stop watch, Pretty accurate.

That only works if you truly know how many gallons were in the tank at
takeoff.

Correct. also it is my plane so I know how long each trip was and I also
have a conservative factor. I get a "reset" each time I fill up. On long
trips I always start out with a full tank.

Assuming you have long range tanks, using that method you could always just
use your bladder which is going to tell you to land long before your tanks
run dry.