Old November 16th 03, 07:50 PM
Jeff

yes I have quite a few, one set is from doing the ILS into chino, ca. , I didnt
know my wife was taking them but she took them all the way down the glideslope,
visibility was like a mile.
pictures and some video clips I made are here
http://216.158.136.206/newplane/index.html

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

BTW, great photos,, do you have anymore on-line?

Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman, Jr.
PP-ASEL

"We who fly do so for the love of flying.
We are alive in the air with this miracle
that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"

- Cecil Day Lewis-

Check out my personal flying adventures: www.bayareapilot.com
"Jeff" wrote in message ...
the instrument ticket is priceless, 2 days ago I took my plane up for the

first
time in a month (it had been in the shop getting new avionics installed)
went only about 40 miles out to the MMM VOR, when I turned around to head

back,
the city was covered by low clouds and what looked like fog on the ground,

thought I could go under it, but as I got closer it did not look do'able.

I was talking to nellis approach because I was entering class B, told them

didnt think I could make it in without a clearence, they gave it to me and

away
I went.
technically, it was not VFR, I did not actually go through any clouds, but

skimmed them so I could not log it as actual. but once below the layer and

I was
able to see the airport, I canceled IFR and did the visual approach.

You can see the las vegas valley in this picture and the fog, kinda sucked

couldnt login as actual even tho it was not VFR.
http://216.158.136.206/newplane/clouds/image3.html

Here is the cloud I almost got to fly through
http://216.158.136.206/newplane/clouds/image2.html

Jeff

"Cecil E. Chapman" wrote:

For those of you who have your instrument ticket, how many hours of

actual
IMC did you have when you got your ticket.

At approx 40 hours of instrument time I have a 'whopping' .9 hours of

ACTUAL
IMC... I sincerely hope I'm going to get to see a lot more before I get

my
instrument ticket - which I'm guessing should be around April or May at

the
latest.