Old September 19th 03, 02:17 PM
Clive

"Bart" wrote in message
I've flown the FAA approved stimulator that is in a trailer and based
on MS-Flightsim. Its pretty much bull****. The Jetranger model they
have flys nothing like the real machine. The thing crashes when it
should not, and doesn't kill you when it should.

I did have a whole lot of fun shooting autos to rooftop helipads though,
something I'd never get a chance to try in the realworld.

About the only thing I can see being useful about that sim is practicing
IFR procs. You can shoot a lot more approaches in one hour in a sim than
you can in the real world.

Bart

I have 40 hours logged on R22 and 3 on R44

I've tried the flight model for helicopters in FS2002, FS2004, X-Plane and
just recently Search and Rescue 4 (Demo). The best so far is Search and
Rescue 4. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of FS2004, but is much
easier on system resources and the flight model is pretty good. There is no
R22 in it though.

Clive