Old September 4th 03, 05:25 PM
David Gunter

Here's one option: Use the Google newsgroup archive to find such stories
already posted in this group, then contact the authors and ask them if
it would be okay to use them.

Feel free to use mine.

-david

Pilot Stories Wanted wrote:

I am a private pilot looking to create a book that I wish I had prior
to starting flight school. I am only in the very first stage of this
drawn out process. I hope to receive complete stories of pilots of
all skill levels telling about their endeavors in learning to fly,
their lessons learned, what they would/would not do again, etc. I
prefer not to have any anonymous entries in the final book. Once
complete, which is not going to happen overnight, I will contact each
and every donor and request final permission to print their entry in
the book and, though not required, would like to put a first name and
hometown as the submitting donor. If everything falls into place, I
would hope to be able to provide each donor with a copy of the
published book. All donors are requested to email their story and use
an appropriate subject heading as found below. I do ask that no
flight school names be used in the book. If you elect to use it, I
will most likely need to get a notorized authorization from the
president of the school prior to publishing. I will have to speak
with an attorney on the legal ropes but am willing to accomodate any
reasonable request.

-PRIVATE PILOT
-INSTRUMENT RATING
-FLOAT PLANE RATING
-MULTI-ENGINE RATING
-COMMERCIAL PILOT
-CFI
-AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
-RECREATIONAL PILOT
-SPORT PILOT
-(ANYTHING I MAY HAVE MISSED, IE BALLOON, HELICOPTER, ETC.)
-LESSONS LEARNED (MISHAPS WITH THEIR CAUSE,SOLUTION, FINAL OUTCOME)
-MY FIRST CROSS COUNTRY

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THIS TEAM EFFORT OF
PROVIDING OTHERS WITH SOMETHING WE DID NOT HAVE

--
Replace spam with david in the email address if you want to send email
to me personally.