Old May 19th 04, 06:39 PM
Kevin Chandler

Andrew,

I did that trip two years ago to the same airport. Nothing special with ATC
happened. I was routed through the western most quarter of the class B
airspace. I had numerous jets arriving and departing about 1000' feet over
top of me. They did not try to dismiss me as a nuesense or move me outside
of class B. My trip was also on a Saturday and the return trip was later
the same day with the same ATC results.

Kevin

"Andrew Sarangan" wrote in message
. 158...
I am planning a trip to PTK (Oakland County) which is about 25 miles north
of Detroit. I will be coming from the south. The route is V493 to CRL and
then direct to the PSI VOR. Planned altitude is 6000'. This will take me
almost directly overhead the DTW airport. What are the chances of really
getting that routing? Anyone with experience in that airspace? This trip
will be on a Saturday, if that makes any difference. Thanks!