Old March 27th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Default The nail in the coffin: TIS and Mode-S

C J Campbell writes:

Are you sure that the FAA funds GPS satellites?

I don't believe the FAA contributes anything to GPS satellites. They do
contribute to WAAS, but there are no satellites in that.

VORs are on the hit list anyway. Eventually, they will all be shut
down, just like Omega, VAR, and NDB. :-)

And then the terrorists can have a field day with just one little box in a
field near busy airspace.