Old March 27th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Paul Tomblin

Default The nail in the coffin: TIS and Mode-S

In a previous article, Mxsmanic said:
C J Campbell writes:

Are you sure that the FAA funds GPS satellites?

I don't believe the FAA contributes anything to GPS satellites. They do
contribute to WAAS, but there are no satellites in that.

Wanna bet?
http://gps.faa.gov/FAQ/index.htm
"These correction messages are then broadcast through communication
satellites to receivers onboard aircraft using the same frequency as GPS."

But that's just the FAA, what do they know. Obviously you got better
information from your flight simulator manual.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
And the Prime Directive would be a valid excuse to do absolutely nothing