Old November 24th 04, 05:40 AM
Doug

I would highly recommend them. They really help in saving fuel and
give you indications of what is wrong (high egt's when one mag quits,
wrong egts and cht's if timing is off by a lot, (like when the
mechanic screws up the timing due to his faulty buzz box)), stuck
valves, bad spark plugs etc. They tell you a LOT and help you lean to
max economy or max power. If the 6 cylinder jobs are too expensive a,
one cylinder unit is better than nothing.

I wouldn't own a plane without one.

"R.T." wrote in message ...
I am considering installing an engine analyzer/monitor on my 67 skylane with
a Continental 0-470....opinions options thoughts..................